Author Topic: this is just embarrising  (Read 5883 times)

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
this is just embarrising
« on: March 29, 2008, 03:41:48 PM »

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: this is just embarrising
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 04:17:26 PM »
that cops dumb in more than one way  :|

Offline Red Message

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 07:56:43 PM »
Try the door? More like try the right house!
Stirling CFS
NSWFB 001 Stn.
Firefighter

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 09:04:09 PM »
Ha ha ha ha i watched that on Austar the other night what an idgit.  American police when is it not funny to watch them :lol:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Katrina

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2008, 07:58:24 AM »
Dumb on so many levels!!
Wish I could get sound on you tube (anyone who can guess why I can't and knows how to fix it would be most welcome to contact me please) to hear what was also being said.
Thanks for posting that as I really needed a good laugh to start today off (will be glad when damn vintage is over and my sleep pattern can return to normal)
Katrina
Wattle Range
(Davi)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 08:35:23 AM »
I saw that on COPS one night absolute GOLD..... :-o

Now Katrina check your audio settings and make sure the speaker is not muted.On the bottom task bar you will see a speaker symbol double click on this.Make sure the Master Volume on the left is at least halfway, and all other volumes are similar.

Next thing is to check you have your speakers plugged in to the right socket on the computer..should be green one :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 10:12:41 AM »
I cant get sound on YouTube either Katrina, your not alone!..

Offline Katrina

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 03:51:54 PM »
Gee just how thick do you think I am (if Little John is around he is not allowed answer that)

I can get volume on everything else except Youtube, people can send me other clips to play,I can play music etc just not Youtube
Katrina
Wattle Range
(Davi)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 04:12:15 PM »
Gee just how thick do you think I am (if Little John is around he is not allowed answer that)

I can get volume on everything else except Youtube, people can send me other clips to play,I can play music etc just not Youtube

I think you will need to reinstall the Adobe Flash player on your computer. It is either that or Internet Explorer web browser which is damaged.

This is the software that actually plays the video clips within your internet browser. An updated version can be downbloaded for free from http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash&ogn=EN_US-gntray_dl_getflashplayer

If that does not work, try and download/install Mozilla web browser. Then try the YouTube clip via Mozilla browser.

Give me an email off forum if you need more detailed instructions.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 04:39:11 PM »
I had the same problem as Katrina, made a second user profile, jumped into that and it worked..?? Very wierd.. - And very annoying when you have to log out and into the secnod profile just to look at something on YouTube! :-P

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 09:55:16 AM »
I had the same problem as Katrina, made a second user profile, jumped into that and it worked..?? Very wierd.. - And very annoying when you have to log out and into the secnod profile just to look at something on YouTube! :-P

Just a suggestion....

Windows loves corrupting profiles especially related to Internet Explorer and printing....if you understand Windows profiles and Internet Explorer..firstly clear all Internet Explorer Cookies, History and temporary files...if this does not work...just backup the Internet Explorer favourites and any other desktop/start menu links, rename the profile folder to .bak (just in case you need it again)...when you next login the Windows profile will be recreated automatically and the corruption is gone.

My workplace do this several times a day for client staff....have a look at Mozilla Firefox and a Bot tracker (eg SpyBot Search & Destroy) which seems to be better at avoiding corruption.
Andrew Macmichael

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 10:30:06 PM »
Ill run spybot again, see if that works.. - So renaming the windows profile to .bak .. Will re-create it upon restarting?

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 02:54:50 PM »
Ill run spybot again, see if that works.. - So renaming the windows profile to .bak .. Will re-create it upon restarting?

Yes. If an existing profile is not found for the userid logging into the computer, Windows will automatically create one to store the individual details for the userid.
Andrew Macmichael

anything