Author Topic: You'll Pay, Black Tuesday Victims To Sue CFS  (Read 20994 times)

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: You'll Pay, Black Tuesday Victims To Sue CFS
« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2005, 03:52:56 PM »
looks like they dont have the paper online...

strikeathird

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2005, 04:50:04 PM »
back on topic bout the Black Tuesday article...  Obviously no one saw it / has any input.. ??

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2005, 05:27:46 PM »
Any chance you could copy a quote out for us strikeathird? (as long as its legal etc)

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2005, 07:29:54 AM »
medevac you should work for the news or tabloid with comments like that.
I have read the article. Dale was speaking  at a forum for local residents and said to the people that in the Sturt Group we look after about 20000 residents and have 11 fire appliance to cover the area, you do the maths.
Basically he was saying to them have a fire plan and don't rely on us to be at your place.

strikeathird

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2005, 12:26:32 PM »
Any chance you could copy a quote out for us strikeathird? (as long as its legal etc)

To quote what was printed in the public newspaper would be perfectly legal, no worries about that.. finding the electronic format is a little harder... Seems everone is talking bout dales comment now...  Which has been blown out of proportion like most things, so I think we just drop it...

Offline Sam

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • Scanning South Australia
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2005, 02:38:30 PM »
Hi All,

I just thought that i would comment on people thinking that CFS will cover their homes. In our group we only have 8 capable bush fire fighting appliances. If we have an appliance at each house at a fire, who will fight the fire? Residents have been told about this and they do not seem to care.
On another note about the Eyre Pen. fires if you think what the CFS did the night before when they were trying to contain those fires. I forget exeactly CFS rules but i think it is something like 5 hours that you are allowed to be on the fireground for at a time. How close is the next briagade over there, it is almost the same time for us to get 4 full group strike teams here as it takes to get one striketeam here. With such a vast area with little resources it just doesnt work.

Offline CaptCom

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2005, 12:07:55 PM »

On another note about the Eyre Pen. fires if you think what the CFS did the night before when they were trying to contain those fires. I forget exeactly CFS rules but i think it is something like 5 hours that you are allowed to be on the fireground for at a time. How close is the next briagade over there, it is almost the same time for us to get 4 full group strike teams here as it takes to get one striketeam here. With such a vast area with little resources it just doesnt work.

Sam,

Our group has 16 brigades..within 1.5hrs of the fire starting, all appliances in our group were committed and we had a strike team from the adjoining group helping...you are right...any strike team further than that is at least 1.5hrs away...as for shift length...they shouldn't be longer than 12hrs..

strikeathird

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2005, 02:49:51 PM »
And after that you should have a minimum of 8 hours off. (Not including the 2 hours to drive back to the staging area as off..!!)

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2006, 11:18:33 AM »
Oh, please!

What was the SES vollie supposed to have said?
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2006, 11:20:11 AM »
Hi All

We have decided to lock this topic due to the ongoing nature of the equiry. We also removed a few posts discussing an apparent news paper article, this was done as a precaution, once again due to the ongoing nature of the enquiry.

I am happy for articles like this to be discussed so long as the article is posted along with the discussion.

Hope you all understand. :-)

anything