Author Topic: Terror In London  (Read 9872 times)

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
Terror In London
« on: July 08, 2005, 12:25:38 AM »
I'm sure you've all heard by now...
London Terror Attack, 6 seperate seemingly well planned and well organised attacks on seperate public transport (soft) targets.

Current estimate on news was 45 dead and up to 1000 injured.

I think the London Emergency response looked well organised but manic as expected.

My thought go out to them all.

Could we deal with something as big? I don't what to think about it know, but will ponder it later.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 10:21:47 AM by JamesGar »
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
Re: Terror In London
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 11:07:37 AM »
Yes They Did Look Well Organised, As For Us Being Able To Cope, That I Am Unsure Of.  I Mean No One Really Know's Until It Happens & Lets Hope That It Never Happens.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2005, 11:50:57 AM by CyberCitizen »

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 11:38:12 AM »
I wonder it the CFS will add training in the future to any of the courses :? about terror
Makes you think twice about the call you are going to.

Good times

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 04:54:31 PM »
I don't think we are the least bit prepared, what training do we do apart from the odd excersize, the LFB were so well rehearsed it just worked. Good on them for being prepared, because its not if, its when.

strikeathird

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 05:01:47 PM »
They have had similar scenario's before, thus why they were so well rehearsed, and prepared.  It takes a mear disaster, to have people "action / response" plans, so well in order.

Last I heard....

4 Bombs,  3 in the Tube, 1 in a Double Decker bus.

34 "Confirmed" Dead, and claims of over 50.

8 Australians injured in blasts, 2 Critically, at this stage, no Australian reported fatalities.

Crisis number for concerned relatives, is :  1800 002 214.

Source: www.ninemsn.com.au/news

strikeathird

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 05:05:06 PM »
Just heard the latest, 53 confirmed dead, believed over 1000 injured, some critically.

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 10:24:54 AM »
Sorry about the typos earlier. now fixed! Yes the LFB and LAS are well experienced with explosive incidents. IRA have kept them on their toes before and is the reason why there's no rubbish bins in public places in London and other Cities in the UK.
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

corocfs

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 10:29:23 AM »
it was good to see every emergency service was extremely well orchestrated on the day.

strikeathird

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 03:40:59 PM »
(Luckily)  but unfortunately...   The media coverage hasn;t yet really told of the devastation which has been encountered by the victims.  I have read today, that  a South AUstralian woman, has lost both her legs... That docters were flown to the scene to conduct a number of on site Amputations, prior to being sent to hospital, and that many people have been left limb-less....

Even tho the death count is no where near the likes of September 11, MAdrid, etc, it is still probably one of the worst, and most painful ways to die/ be critacally injured.... Short of the Bali Bombing.

Horrible day!

rescue5271

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 09:31:23 PM »
Why does it need looking at??? Confusion and miss information are part of what happen's in a large scale job and I would have to say the London emergency service's did a great job.Could you do it better??? Where you there on the ground??? other than what you heard or watched on TV have you spoken to any of the team or read there reports???

They have Lent from it and so have we,yes it could happen here and yes we will deal with what comes up....

Manuel

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 09:33:22 PM »
what i was trying to say is there is always a better way in which a job can be done
 :-P

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 10:17:07 PM »
There is always a better way - Under the circumstances a great job was done by our fellow fire fighters and emergency responders.

We certainly are thinking of those affected by this terrible event on it's first anniversary.