Author Topic: Morphett Vale CFS - Equipment Day  (Read 7077 times)

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Morphett Vale CFS - Equipment Day
« on: April 16, 2008, 07:16:56 PM »
In the past the Mawson Group Equipment night has been held at the Morphett Vale fire station on a Monday evening, this year due to increasing numbers we have moved it to a Sunday to allow more people to be involved and give everyone a better chance to have a look around and catch up.

The idea of the event is to bring together emergency service personnel from a number of agencies so they can have a look at what sort of equipment others carry and how it could be useful to them. It also is a chance to browse the latest offerings from a number of emergency service equipment suppliers and maybe pickup a bargain.

The event is open to the public and there will be a various demonstrations throughout the day, there will also be food available and the bar will be open.

This will be a good opportunity to get along and have a look at what sort of equipment other brigades are purchasing and carrying. It would be good to see brigades from all around the state become involved, if you can bring an appliance with any new toys or interesting equipment you have that would be great, just let us know before hand so we can keep track of how much space we need.

The details for this years event are:
Sunday 1st of June, 10:00 - 15:00
Morphett Vale Fire Station, corner of States & Doctors road, Hackham

There are flyers available here

http://www.mvcfs.asn.au/bigdayout1.pdf
http://www.mvcfs.asn.au/bigdayout2.pdf
http://www.mvcfs.asn.au/bigdayout3.pdf

Regards

Matt

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Morphett Vale CFS - Equipment Day
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 01:22:06 PM »
Just over a week to go now, it sounds like we have a wide variety of appliances and equipment from a number of agencies attending. I believe a few local MP's and the Chief Officer will also be there.

If your brigade is interested in bringing an appliance or some equipment please let me know, if not your still welcome to attend as an individual and have a look around.

Regards

Matt Bonser
Lieutenant
Morphett Vale CFS

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 03:53:09 PM »
Sounds like it's going to be a good day. Well done to Matt, Marcin and the crew. See you guys there!

rescue5271

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 07:53:35 AM »
I take it bring your plastic and shop away?? Bugger will be away....

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2008, 01:03:32 PM »
I take it bring your plastic and shop away?? [/quote]

Correct, a number of suppliers have confirmed their attendance. We are just waiting to confirm that a major 'casual wear' clothing supplier to the CFS will also be available.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 10:32:23 AM »
Congrats on the day.

I visited late in the day & some sites / vehicles were packing up. It was great to see the inside of the MFS Incident Management bus & I discovered something new about the agency I volunteer for...first time I have seen the SES rubber ducky boat with outboard on a purpose built trailer.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 03:30:25 PM »
Thanks Andrew, everyone that I spoke to had a good day and looked forward to the next one, I think we will give it a miss though and let another brigade organise the 2009 event.

Offline tft

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2008, 08:26:56 AM »
It was a great day, the only disappointing thing was some of the cfs shirts that were bring worn. Some crew had turn out pants on and tank tops and all kinds of shirts. It would be good if the CFS had a shirt for days like this.
And who was the firefighter that had his PBI gold that had not cleaned, trying to show off war stories.

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2008, 10:05:51 AM »
yep sure was a good day. lots of trucks to take photos of for the sollection  :-D

I didn't have a problem with the shirts. :?

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »
Great day. Well done to all.
And i even got to meet TIMS  :-P I did plant a tree to compensate for all the demos Matt! Cheers.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2008, 07:26:40 PM »
It was a great day, the only disappointing thing was some of the cfs shirts that were bring worn. Some crew had turn out pants on and tank tops and all kinds of shirts. It would be good if the CFS had a shirt for days like this.
And who was the firefighter that had his PBI gold that had not cleaned, trying to show off war stories.

Some are just too busy to get it cleaned mate.. ;)

-And what were they to do if they caught a bell the night before?.. Just not rock up?.. - Dirty gear, part of the game..

Offline mpcfs

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2008, 11:43:46 PM »
Well done to MV CFS on a great day, (my wallet was a lot lighter but worth it) I hope to see you all there next year.

Offline tft

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 08:17:47 AM »

-And what were they to do if they caught a bell the night before?.. Just not rock up?.. - Dirty gear, part of the game..

To Busy for pride, I thought that post people that had PBI gold had a set of nomex as well

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2008, 09:01:04 AM »
I believe the situation with the dirty PBI was rectified fairly early in the morning, with that individuals Nomex being delivered to the station.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments on the day, it makes all the effort worth while (I still think we will let another brigade have a crack at it next year though).

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2008, 07:13:47 PM »

To Busy for pride, I thought that post people that had PBI gold had a set of nomex as well
Not an issue of pride at all my friend.. If you said I didn't have any pride because my gear was a little dirty (I don't know how dirty this members gear was, but its not a perfect world, things cant always be whisked off to the cleaner..) we would have some interesting words.. - For info, my Nomex is alot filthier (stained over the years) than my PBI!..

anything