Author Topic: Turnout Information Management system (TIM)  (Read 36257 times)

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Turnout Information Management system (TIM)
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2011, 10:39:53 AM »
The phone in system alone would be great for semi rural Brigades. I know when we get a job I get at least 5 phone calls from members saying "They are on their way - be there in 5 minutes". However the complete TIMS may not be viable due to rural roads etc.

pumprescue

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2011, 11:30:05 AM »
I know several brigades in urban areas that don't have MFS back up would use it, especially so that you know who is coming, what skill set is coming and if you need to add another brigade straight away or you know that you will get both trucks out with BA, and you can mix and match the crews better, instead of all BA and drivers on the first truck you know to leave certain people to take the 2nd truck etc.

Bring it on I say.

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2011, 08:00:48 AM »
For info of the brigades using TIM, a new SACAD compatible version is soon to be released (once they lock down the pager message format). It will also feature the member call in function.

Offline riptide

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2011, 11:23:57 AM »
so matt does that mean we are going to have to buy the new version for it to work?

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2011, 04:02:35 PM »
No, I believe all upgrades are free.

pumprescue

« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2011, 05:37:00 PM »
Nice, what timeframe are you looking at ?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2011, 05:38:17 PM »
hey Matt are you able to PM me with the contact details for this system or where we can get some info,, with the call in function would be very handy for us down this way
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 06:04:55 PM by Alan (Big Al) »
Lt. Goolwa CFS

pumprescue

« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2011, 05:39:48 PM »
Any more info on the call in system eg ability, cost etc ?

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2011, 11:07:55 AM »
The call in system will be part of the standard TIM software, so no extra expense for those brigades that are using TIM. It will be included in the latest update of the software, due to be released in the next couple of weeks (pre SACAD cutover)

I believe it works by having your pc connected to a modem and phone line. You use your mobile to dial the line and let it ring once then hang up straight away, this checks the user database and confirms it is a valid members telephone number. It then logs you as having called in and displays your name on the screen.

Obviously for this to work you need to have caller ID activated on your mobile.

If you have a look at page 2 of this thread you will see a screen shot of it in operation.

It's not as fancy as the US version but it still performs the fundamental functions of it.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2011, 01:01:50 PM »
So it seems the new SACAD system is able to produce a UBD style map reference for country areas now like saas has been able to for quite a while, will any TIMS upgrades now or in the near future have the mapping ability it does now for areas covered by the normal street directory for ''rural'' SA?  could be very handy if they do include it?
Lt. Goolwa CFS