Author Topic: Paging Delays???  (Read 5144 times)

Offline COBB

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Paging Delays???
« on: May 14, 2008, 05:55:49 PM »
Why is that there appears to be a delay in paging the CFS to an incident, particularly RCR? Usually appears to be around 5 min delay between SAAS being paged and then CFS.
Or is it just the way the paging website works?

COBB

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Paging Delays???
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2008, 06:09:14 PM »
I would suggest that this is the time to pass the information from SAAS ComCen to SAMFS ComCen. One of the reasons for SACAD system being created.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2008, 08:55:49 PM »
Here we go again..  :roll:

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 09:07:28 PM »
Scrubs "everything comes down to poo" song ;)

"we got paged 5mins later....check the poooooo!"

Offline COBB

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 09:40:30 AM »
Thanks bajdas. Is there a doco/link available to understand how this process is suppposed to work?

Zippy/RescueHazmat, perhaps you can direct me to where this has previously been discussed. Would be a lot more value than your current replies.

Where I live there are 4 CFS stations closer than the nearest SAAS. This SAAS sometimes has trouble filling a crew.
Surely the quicker someone (from any service) is able to attend the better.
Sorry if you don't see it as an issue. This is not about service vs service and who gets there first but about getting the quickest response to an incident (whomever it may be).

COBB

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 10:04:00 AM »
Sorry, lol just thought 20 pages of discussion was enough for this topic :P

http://www.safirefighter.com/boards/index.php/topic,325.0.html

simply expect 3-5mins for a urgent job,  up to 20mins for a not so urgent job...or 1 hour later "oh filtered we need firies here now".

Yet if us the CFS are first responders, have to make sure SAAS and Police has been dispatched through adelaide fire ;) Most of the time they would have ;)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 10:13:31 AM by Zippy »

Offline Katrina

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 02:15:06 PM »
I thought enough talk on this last time also but i will just say alot comes down to how the incident was reported in the first place by a member of the public
Katrina
Wattle Range
(Davi)

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2008, 03:15:35 PM »
1909102 09:37:11 15-05-08 MFS: *CFSRES INC022 15/05/08 09:36,RESPOND RCR,GOMERSAL RD,TANUNDA MAP 0 0 0 TG179,ADJ EDEN RD ONE PERSON TRAPPED,NTPA19 CFS Nuriootpa Response

1905672 09:32:45 15-05-08 MFS: *CFSRES INC022 15/05/08 09:32,RESPOND RCR,GOMERSAL RD,TANUNDA MAP 0 0 0 TG179,ADJ EDEN RD ONE PERSON TRAPPED,TAN631 MFS Tanunda Response
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2008, 05:49:49 PM »
hmm...seemed Tanunda CFS, Sheoak Log and Roseworthy were involved with this job...have a feeling some Defaults occured, cant blame them because of the time ey 9am probably the hardest time of the day.

believe it was a MVA fire, with the occupant successfully retrieved..and thankfully nil fatality.

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2008, 06:16:58 PM »
Just reading the paper it says 1 fatality?
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2008, 06:28:52 PM »
hmm...seemed Tanunda CFS, Sheoak Log and Roseworthy were involved with this job...have a feeling some Defaults occured, cant blame them because of the time ey 9am probably the hardest time of the day.

believe it was a MVA fire, with the occupant successfully retrieved..and thankfully nil fatality.

Werent the other brigades paged due to the grass fire that started due to the accident?
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 06:35:25 PM »
Just reading the paper it says 1 fatality?

Ah crap :(

Camo...probably...but crew's at that time are generally the lightest ey...

Offline boss

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • elvis has left the building
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 07:13:39 PM »
Werent the other brigades paged due to the grass fire that started due to the accident?

no tanunda and sheoke log  was just called for mva to start off with and about 1300 hr police sed there is a fire 5 km up the road  :wink:
we save lives, we breath smoke, we eat ash, why do we do it? cos it's a way of life for us that we have chosen to take

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2008, 02:18:47 PM »
Thanks bajdas. Is there a doco/link available to understand how this process is suppposed to work?

Zippy/RescueHazmat, perhaps you can direct me to where this has previously been discussed. Would be a lot more value than your current replies.

Where I live there are 4 CFS stations closer than the nearest SAAS. This SAAS sometimes has trouble filling a crew.
Surely the quicker someone (from any service) is able to attend the better.
Sorry if you don't see it as an issue. This is not about service vs service and who gets there first but about getting the quickest response to an incident (whomever it may be).

COBB

Heres a link to the 26 pages!!.. http://www.safirefighter.com/boards/index.php/topic,325.0.html - Hence my initial comment! ..- There is a Search feature at the top of the screen as well, can be helpful when looking to see if various issues / threads have been previously discussed.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:45:19 PM by RescueHazmat »

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2008, 02:46:38 PM »
Heres a link to the 26 pages!!.. - Hence my initial comment! ..- There is a Search feature at the top of the screen as well, can be helpful when looking to see if various issues / threads have been previously discussed.

haha good to see someones on the ball....thought this place went to the dogs!