Technical Discussion > HAZMAT

MART COMBATANTS

(1/3) > >>

24P:
Does anyone know of what role these people play in the CFS? Or what "MART" stands for?  Saw a test page go out to about 10 people asking to confirm receipt of page. I assume it is some type of hazmat role.

strikeathird:
Mobile Anti Radiation Team ??????

Total guess out of left field... :D

corocfs:
multi agency response team (is what ive been told)

JamesGar:
Alex is right MART, Multi Agency Response Team I beleive is an EMA concept for USAR. With Equipment and Training being spread across different services to enable better response to a large incident. Also avoids a single emergency service becoming target for terror activities.

MART in SA I believe will be between SAMFS, SAAS and SASES only and CFS will remain out of any USAR type role. Don't understand why, but I believe again that it was signed off operationally last month.

If anyone's heard anything different would love to hear about it!

Good times:

--- Quote from: JamesGar on July 09, 2005, 04:06:38 PM ---MART in SA I believe will be between SAMFS, SAAS and SASES only and CFS will remain out of any USAR type role. Don't understand why, but I believe again that it was signed off operationally last month.

If anyone's heard anything different would love to hear about it!

--- End quote ---

Because it's not a Bushfire, you should know by now thats all we do...........................

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version