Author Topic: posting on youtube  (Read 28041 times)

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: posting on youtube
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2009, 04:00:11 PM »
If you don't know the people in the video, nor have their permission, be very careful!.. You will find your self in a bit of trouble if you re-show someones image who happens to have a court injunction witholding the vision of their image.. Same goes with someone who may be involved with witness protection..

Re: This, it would also be quite disapointing to see members at the scene photographing when they could have made a difference by crewing an appliance in the same area..  - Think about the big picture..

Last I knew, If I record still or video photography with my camera, I automatically hold the copyright to that video or image, and that video/image belongs to me.

I also have the understanding that anyone is able to record video/images of anything they are able to, provided that they do so FROM a public place.

If the image or video has some kind of TM or advertising material attached to it, then use of it is limited without written consent of the TM or copyright holder, ie; Clipsal or coka cola.

Any more thought now?..................

rescue5271

« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2009, 10:00:26 AM »
The SAVFBA or what ever there name is this year have just posted a number of items on YOUTUBE so at long last we are looking at better ways of promoting the service. As for photo's well this week i was and still am not happy about photo's that where taken by my wife and I of jobs or events that we have been to and the media unit just used them with out geting permission from us or by saying who took the photo's.

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2009, 02:35:09 PM »
As for photo's well this week i was and still am not happy about photo's that where taken by my wife and I of jobs or events that we have been to and the media unit just used them with out geting permission from us or by saying who took the photo's.

why?  you (or whoever) took them and posted them, presumably as a form of promoting the CFS, so why shouldn't the media unit also use them?  If some commercial mob (eg. a fire equipment supplier) used them in their advertising I could understand your point, but this is quite different.

rescue5271

« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2009, 03:11:56 PM »
CFS well the old media unit would ask permission to use any photo from the person that took it and then make sure that that person was thanked in the Volunteer or any other publication that photo's went into. I am not the only one that this has happened too of late how hard is it for the media unit to follow the rule's that where put in place so as to say who's photo it was?

We are happy to provide photo's all we ask is that they seek permission first from those that took the photo.....

Offline firey666

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2009, 12:24:43 PM »
what ever happened to us being professionals and maintaining confidentiality of those we help.

Maybe i just too old school, But why would you want to show other peoples misfortune or stupidity to every body. If push came to shove you could all be held liable for what you post if you cross the wrong person, I guess CFS is just trying to protect its professional name.