Author Topic: posting on youtube  (Read 27856 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: posting on youtube
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2008, 04:02:58 PM »
If we dont take the photos someone else will :-P

Is that like saying if we don't start lighting fires, someone else will? :P

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2008, 05:09:10 PM »
At least with photos, with more people taking them doesn't diminish the image being taken....!    :-D    (As long as some idiots learn some photo taking manners, and not get in the way of other people's shots!! )

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2008, 03:00:39 PM »
There is a less number of large incidents to photograph too!!
Images are copyright

rescue5271

« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2008, 06:54:02 PM »
That would be because its too cold and winter is here :roll:

Offline loopylou

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2008, 02:20:34 AM »
The issue of taking pics at incidents came up at a group meeting in my region recently, where the a group officer stated that they didn't approve of photos being taken at incidents, and that they had been told by a coroner that photos of mva's were a definite no go in the eyes of the coroner. Now i'm one who likes to take a fair amount of photos, at training, on strike teams, etc, and i've found that they do come in very handy for training purposes and for those members who didn't make the call. I always make the effort to try and take respectful photos if there are deceased involved. (ie - no recognisable features or gory stuff) Does anyone know if there is a COSO or SOP regarding photo taking?

rescue5271

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2008, 07:31:31 AM »
You just have to be careful of what you are taking and where you intend to post the photo's,I know Naracoorte brigade it was a rule and a very good one that any RCR photo's where to stay in the station and not posted on a site or show en to the public..The Corenor is right in one way bur what about when it take AIS 8 or 12 hrs to get to a job and its 45 outside??. I know that when i was with Naracoorte that the police did take our photos as we had been there a hell of a lot longer than them...

Keep in mind we are now being asked to document all that we do/say/see so taking photos is the best way to record all that we do..I would say that someone up the ladder has got their nose out of joint and so we are hearing all this and that,but has anyone seen anything official yet??

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2008, 10:00:37 AM »
sop 12. something (2 i think)

in short you can;t release pictures without permission from the CO.

The debate really shouldn't be weather you take them at jobs but what you release to the public.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2008, 05:44:15 PM »
Never heard the Coroner talk about not taking photos at an MVA etc.....I think someone might be telling porkie pies...

The COSO sets out about taking photos & videos -  it talks about the PURPOSE that the photos are taken.   Taking pics for your own (or the brigade's) "gore" file is not one of them!

The COSO also talks out what is required to release images to the media...

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2008, 07:40:26 PM »
FROM WHAT I AHVE SEEN, HEARED, BEEN TOLD THE CFS IS LOOKING VERY CLOSE AT WHAT PEOPLE ARE DOING!!!

:x :x :x :x
Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2008, 11:52:16 PM »
They may well be...and I don't see anything wrong with a service looking carefully at the way it's members present themselves to the public / media.

If people don't comply with documented procedures that relate to posting of images etc, then why shouldn't they be told(nicely).

Pip

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2008, 02:14:20 AM »
They may well be...and I don't see anything wrong with a service looking carefully at the way it's members present themselves to the public / media.

mmmm this is probably the big one, discretion when taking photos is fairly important...

we had an mva in our area not long ago, simple accident, no big issues. however there was one embaressed driver who had damaged his mums new car..

looie gets the camera out and starts snapping right in front of everyone, this angered the driver a bit and prompted a loud discussion in front of everyone, saas & sapol where he offered to take the photo while all of us posed in front of the car if we wished.....

the embaressed looks made me laugh...

Offline Jono

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2008, 08:21:38 PM »
FROM WHAT I AHVE SEEN, HEARED, BEEN TOLD THE CFS IS LOOKING VERY CLOSE AT WHAT PEOPLE ARE DOING!!!

:x :x :x :x

You may be right, my knuckles are now red and my Youtube era is now at an end...
Jono
Snr 2
Seaford CFS (Mawson Group)

BLEVE

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2008, 09:10:23 PM »
What happend Jono?

Offline Jono

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2008, 09:40:47 PM »
What happend Jono?

I was asked nicely to remove the videos! no problems here.
Jono
Snr 2
Seaford CFS (Mawson Group)

BLEVE

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2008, 10:41:28 PM »
What happend Jono?

I was asked nicely to remove the videos! no problems here.

All videos, or ones with specific content?  ...and were you given a reason?

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2008, 11:06:15 AM »
Who asked you to remove them and do they have that authority?

Doesn't seem like CFS is in touch with younger people at all!!!

Mediums like the internet, you tube, face book, etc etc are how people are doing things. It's crazy to police these things when the service is losing volunteers like never before and desperately trying to retain people.

It's issues like these that add to the reason people throw their hands in the air and say it just not worth it......

CFS wake up!!!!

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2008, 03:55:56 PM »
Realistically i havent seen anything on youtube of the CFS that puts the CFS in a bad light.  So why?

The world has gone crazy!
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline Jimmy_91

• View Profile
    • Southern Yorke CFS Group
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2008, 04:12:46 PM »
It is quite interesting considering CFA Victoria have a youtube account and have posted up a number of video's on incidents they have attended. See link below.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cfavic
Stewart Germaine
Minlaton CFS

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2008, 04:29:50 PM »
I don't think the issue is with CFS members posting CFS stuff to youtube...more about exactly what they are posting, and what vetting / permission have occurred.....

See COSO's for details!!

Pip

PS This post does not refer specifically to Jono's post - I don't know the circumstances surrounding that...  :-)

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2008, 05:43:20 AM »
yeah but the whole permission thing before taking photos etc is getting beyond a joke!

are we all in the witness relocation program and dont want to be identified by the mob boss scanning youtube?

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO BEING A FREE COUNTRY?
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

rescue5271

« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2008, 08:13:04 AM »
Cam,being in a free country went out the doors years ago......May be CFS should run a workshop for those of us that take photo'sand then that way they can explain the whole problem rather than just getting half the message...Well done to the PROMO unit for putting up on their site a guide to taking photos nice to see Pip and Ash are being more helpful than those in CFS who are being so negative to the whole photo issue....

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2008, 04:28:50 PM »
yeah but the whole permission thing before taking photos etc is getting beyond a joke!

are we all in the witness relocation program and dont want to be identified by the mob boss scanning youtube?

Sorry Cam, I don't think my post was as clear as it could have been....I don't mean permission of the subject to be photographed, but the permission of the relevant CFS people to post (eg as per the COSO's)....

Pip

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2008, 05:15:32 PM »
Thats what i get for commmenting at 5am!

Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2008, 08:23:52 PM »
sorry but i stil think the whole thing is bulls*&^!! :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :roll: :roll: :oops:
Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)

Offline Rolf

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2009, 10:33:38 PM »
Last I knew, If I record still or video photography with my camera, I automatically hold the copyright to that video or image, and that video/image belongs to me.

I also have the understanding that anyone is able to record video/images of anything they are able to, provided that they do so FROM a public place.

If the image or video has some kind of TM or advertising material attached to it, then use of it is limited without written consent of the TM or copyright holder, ie; Clipsal or coka cola.

Any more thought now?..................