Author Topic: What has everyone been up to?  (Read 4573 times)

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
What has everyone been up to?
« on: January 03, 2005, 09:56:51 AM »
Anything interesting happening out there? Anyone go to Black Hill this morning or Cleland yesterday? Over the Christmas period we've had some MVA's and a boat fire which took some getting to. Thankfully been pretty quiet but I don't like the look of the lightning to the South West at the moment. Nasty sort of a day!
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Anything interesting
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 10:59:30 AM »
We watched the lighting coming. No doubt caused concern for some.
I believe there was a few fires from lightning  strikes one at Two Wells contained quickly. Also some localised damage such as trees down around salisbury.

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 12:44:17 PM »
Salt Creek, Tilley Swamp and Kingston I think are chasing fires but it sounds like there is a bit of rain about down there, so that is good.

Offline lynneeime

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 05:41:44 PM »
Have been busy here at Salisbury.  Attended 14 calls today.  13 for trees down and 1 for multiple car mva. :(
Lynne Eime
Salisbury Firefighter
My views only.

rescue5271

what have we been up to?
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2005, 06:54:11 PM »
Well,Naracoorte group has been quiet today the storm came and went with lots of lightning,other groups in the region had call's to fires but these where put out by the rain that came along. I understand that two fires may still be burning in the upper south east area.

Mind you my TV died when the storm hit so now I have to make a call to SGIC. :(

Offline lynneeime

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 08:19:28 PM »
Blinky Bill
Sorry to hear about your TV.  Not much on at the moment, so you are not missing much. :lol:

Anyway, glad it was quiet for you yesterday.

All for one, one for all.
Lynne Eime
Salisbury Firefighter
My views only.

rescue5271

summer is here
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 09:13:05 PM »
On sunday night at 1903 hrs we where paged to a grass fire at bool lagoon some 30 km south of us,while on the road smoke was rolling into the air and fire was going well. all in all around 15 units and a number of private units. The fire only burnt some 15 hct but limited water and heavy smoke made it hard to contain. Mind you this is the second such fire that we have had in a few weeks that has been very :oops: hot and we have been the first unit onto the fire ground.

I hope that the rest of the week is quiet so I can enjoy my week off work

rescue5271

what a day
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 07:50:21 PM »
:oops: boy was it hot and windy here,43 was our top no fires in Naracoorte group but we where placed on standy by like everyone else to make matters worse the CFA had and still do have two large fires going and so we are on stand- by just in case as there are not many CFA tanker in region 17 or region 4 due to the fires. Lets hope there are no more for a while.

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Jan 11th Not a good day
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 08:27:52 PM »
Well today started with a call to a car fire on the other side of the river, then a call for personnel to fly out to Pt Lincoln which was abandonded when we were called to the Mount Osmond Fire. It was a good day for me to have been tied up with work in the city all day :) Not so good when travelling home on the freeway  :(  but great to see all the appliances and personnel on the freeway (including ours) when I eventually got through.

Very, very sad the loss of lives on the peninsula. Hope that the rest of our season does not have any other tragedies in store and that both the public and the emergency services personnel stay safe.