Author Topic: Budget 2008/09  (Read 18618 times)

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Budget 2008/09
« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2008, 07:03:46 PM »
If the CFS got smart and took a good look at most road crash rescues performed, then they might see that there is nothing wrong with giving certain brigades Rapid Intervention gear, or doubling up at a rescue brigade. This helps with both the "Just in case" times with multiple calls, as well as when you need that one extra ram at a rescue.

Now if only the designation between Heavy and Light Rescue had been kept...
Totally agree with you there numbers, alot of damage can be done with a set of RI gear.
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

rescue5271

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2008, 07:43:46 PM »
May be FOX should come out and say if he is a staff member as it would only be staff members or Naracoorte briagde members who know the story....

rescue5271

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2008, 07:50:12 PM »
As I am no longer a member of the Naracoorte brigade I wont be discussing the RCR gear....

Offline Fox Mulder

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2008, 08:16:02 PM »
May be FOX should come out and say if he is a staff member as it would only be staff members or Naracoorte briagde members who know the story....

Not a staff member and not with naracoorte. Do have some friends in ncte though.
Because i choose to hear both sides of a story before making a informed comment does not make me a staff member. I choose to listen when told all of the reasons that decisions are being made and not just the reasons that i dont like or are able to easilly bitch about. Far too much bashing of the system goes on, like i said before if you learn to work with the system and the staff then outcomes will more often fall your way

As I am no longer a member of the Naracoorte brigade I wont be discussing the RCR gear....

What happened with ncte did you move away?
All fair points - by the way USAR is mostly funded by the Feds as I said. And its not $5 - $7k for the tools, you need to factor in cost of hoses and a pump as well. Plus all of the other gear as well approx all up $20k - $30k! thats new of course.
And in some areas of the state 45 minutes is a short time, I know thats not right but we live in a real world.
Your backup would be from Penola (54kms),Bordertown (81 kms), thats not too bad considering one is to the North & one to the south would lessen travel time & you are covered to the west as well!
So sorry Bill & Cameron it's still "nice to have" not essential or if you think you really have a need, raise the money yourselves & buy your own set (we did that for a second set of cutters :wink: ).
As for the brigades or units that have the gear but don't do many jobs, you could take it off them for your just in case scenario - but what happens when they get their 1 in 10 year job?
Anyway I guess it's your problem & it will all sought itself out one day :wink:
cheers

Lucindale to the west 45 ks  Padthaway to the nth 48ks  edenhope across the border to the east 50ks surrounded by back up really
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

rescue5271

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2008, 08:19:46 PM »
I have gone to one of our rural brigade's for some a rest and to relax and that is all that i am saying on the matter....

Offline Fox Mulder

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2008, 09:48:26 PM »
RCR gear for the pumper when the rescue was well out of town and other small gear.
You cant be every where all of the time and you cant have $5-$7K of gear just sitting around just in case your main rescue truck is out of town(would be nice if money grew on trees)

If thats the attitude you wish to take, then how about we sell all the usar equipment the SES has, as how often does that get used?  What about all the CBR equipment? how often do we have a terroist attack?  When was the last time some of the smaller, lesser known brigades had an entrapment? yet they still have a set of rescue gear.

Works both ways!

Just for the record, i know of a couple of times they have been caught out of town and had a second rescue.  and considering the nearest rescue appliances struggle for trained operators then i dont see how there can be such an arguement for not allowing a second set of gear.  Also i dont think they are asking for a full set, simply a combi tool and what ever that comes with (im not in a rescue brigade, so im not sure what is involved.)

[edit: fixed quoting]

now cam have just got off the phone with a long serving lt with ncte. he cann't remember of any occasion in the last 20yrs that ncte has benn caught out with there rescue truck out of town i guess your not as informed as you think

would love to have dates of said occasions
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

pumprescue

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2008, 02:26:38 AM »
Mulder is definelty a staff member, thinks like a staff member, typical staff attitude "we don't need to be prepared for anything, we will just wait until we screw it up, so long as we have half baked eqipment and I let the paperwork work for brigades trying to upgrade SFEC's mounts up I will be right until I leave and move onto the next job or change positions" I have only met maybe 3 people in CFS worth their weight. I think most of them have left now though. Clown Fire Service.

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2008, 05:50:37 AM »
RCR gear for the pumper when the rescue was well out of town and other small gear.
You cant be every where all of the time and you cant have $5-$7K of gear just sitting around just in case your main rescue truck is out of town(would be nice if money grew on trees)

If thats the attitude you wish to take, then how about we sell all the usar equipment the SES has, as how often does that get used?  What about all the CBR equipment? how often do we have a terroist attack?  When was the last time some of the smaller, lesser known brigades had an entrapment? yet they still have a set of rescue gear.

Works both ways!

Just for the record, i know of a couple of times they have been caught out of town and had a second rescue.  and considering the nearest rescue appliances struggle for trained operators then i dont see how there can be such an arguement for not allowing a second set of gear.  Also i dont think they are asking for a full set, simply a combi tool and what ever that comes with (im not in a rescue brigade, so im not sure what is involved.)

[edit: fixed quoting]

now cam have just got off the phone with a long serving lt with ncte. he cann't remember of any occasion in the last 20yrs that ncte has benn caught out with there rescue truck out of town i guess your not as informed as you think

would love to have dates of said occasions

I know of one example last year or the year before? and i have been informed by others that there have been several other incidents in previous years.  maybe my informer is incorrect? i have no idea, i can only go on the info im given.

Will try and search the date of the incident but in the mean time the details were - Nara rescue were backing up Pad rescue in Pad, when they were called to an industrial accident in joanna.  From memory crews responded in pumper and used penolas rescue equipment to free the person as penola had no or limited rescue personnel.  Delays may have been incurred because of this situation im not real sure (fair chance there was).

No need to take it out on me.  Im just commenting on the info i have been supplied over the years by several members in the know (heck they may not know what they are talking about) and im not even a member of their group, so on a personal level i couldnt give a crapo!
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

rescue5271

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2008, 06:50:37 AM »
Hey FOX Naracoorte does not have any loner serving LT'S......Most have only been LTS for 2/3 years.... but back on subject how many new stations will be built this year??? and I did here that a region one brigade is getting a nsw type two pumper??

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2008, 08:06:48 AM »
Hey FOX Naracoorte does not have any loner serving LT'S......Most have only been LTS for 2/3 years.... but back on subject how many new stations will be built this year??? and I did here that a region one brigade is getting a nsw type two pumper??

thats burnside pumper,  Volvo/with a "similar to type 2 pumper" body.

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2008, 09:37:04 AM »
Back on topic is a good idea :)

Be careful not to chastise people due to your beliefs. Being employed by the CFS does not necessarily taint ones opinions, besides it not up to us to decide what someone else does for a living.

Happy posting.

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2008, 07:19:18 PM »

yep kinda the same, apart from the two rear hose reels.
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2008, 07:33:34 PM »

yep kinda the same, apart from the two rear hose reels.

Its sounding more and more like the current Class 3 NSWFB buildup, yet just on a Volvo, not a Scania.

Hey SACFS, SAMFS have fantastic appliances you can order too! And the workshops aren't on the other side of the country!
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

rescue5271

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2008, 07:41:04 PM »
Can we get them in red so they go faster.....

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2008, 02:41:06 PM »
Can we get them in red so they go faster.....

Yeah but not with the taxi stripe :-P
Images are copyright

anything