Author Topic: Jane McGrath dies aged 42  (Read 4584 times)

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Jane McGrath dies aged 42
« on: June 22, 2008, 03:48:55 PM »
Very sad indeed..

Jane McGrath dies aged 42

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=584399

Jane McGrath, wife of former Australian cricketer Glenn McGrath, has died after a long battle with breast cancer, Cricket Australia announced.

"It is with deep sadness that the family and friends of Jane McGrath, beloved wife of former Australian cricketer Glenn and loving mother of James and Holly, must announce she passed away at her home (Sunday) morning," a Cricket Australia statement said.

"With Glenn and their two children by her side, Jane's wonderful life ended peacefully after a sudden decline in her health over the past week."

McGrath, 42, had surgery earlier this year and was recovering before complications set in, the statement added.

"Jane McGrath has left a lasting legacy through the McGrath Foundation, an organisation that is providing thousands of women hope - and support - in their fight against breast cancer," the statement said.

"The McGrath Family have requested their privacy be respected at this very difficult time."

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
Re: Jane McGrath dies aged 42
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 06:14:34 PM »
Yes very sad.... cancer is just such a horrible disease. :-(
Lt. Goolwa CFS

rescue5271

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 11:23:57 PM »
A very sad time for all and she was a very brave young lady...

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 02:02:51 PM »
I agree...Lately i have been reading the comments on this forum and im reading a fair bit of negativity...whether its to do with equipment appliances training or incidents it just seems people find the bad things and all they wanna do is blame some one or something...I hardly think jane McGrath blamed any one or winged about anything just got on with it and fought it..exactly what everyone should do..be happy with what we are given and be greatful at end of the day we are still volunteers and if ur un happy with things leave the organisation don ear bash people

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 02:35:10 PM »
I agree...Lately i have been reading the comments on this forum and im reading a fair bit of negativity...whether its to do with equipment appliances training or incidents it just seems people find the bad things and all they wanna do is blame some one or something...I hardly think jane McGrath blamed any one or winged about anything just got on with it and fought it..exactly what everyone should do..be happy with what we are given and be greatful at end of the day we are still volunteers and if ur un happy with things leave the organisation don ear bash people

Wholeheartedly agree with you mac13, it is a terrible shame that a young mum with so much to lve for should be taken by a awful disease. But PLEASE lets not draw any parrallels between volunteers rightly posting complaints/grievances, on this OUR site and the untimely death of Jane Mcgrath.
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 02:37:24 PM »
yup agree with u also

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 05:39:49 PM »
Condolences to Glenn McGrath and his family to have lost someone who was loved by all.

The legacy she leaves behind is a greater awareness of the disease, and a memory of fighting till the end.

RIP Jane :-(
Images are copyright

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2008, 05:27:29 PM »

Thats a morally outrageous argument for "Sit down, shut up" If ever I have seen one.

Its tragic that Mrs. McGrath passed away, but christ...
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 05:40:32 PM »
Yep a very brave lady and an inspiration to us all.
And yep agree with you 100% Numbers - enough said.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 06:40:21 PM »
I must apologise..what i was trying to say has not come across how it was writen :oops:..apologise to all

anything