Author Topic: RCR responses in Port Augusta District  (Read 26996 times)

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: RCR responses in Port Augusta District
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2008, 10:25:35 AM »
So Pip you are saying Eucla was responded from WA & rescue was responded from Ceduna along with SAAS?
Makes sense maybe Adelaide Fire may have mentioned that by radio.
And as Eucla is a volunteer emergency service unit i.e. not a FESA fire & rescue, they are both fire & SES  & would be RCR rescue so why wasn't rescue responded from there? Short of crew perhaps?
Seems to me Pip it was a bit of a mish mash.
As I said above the one size (or ideas dreamed up in Adelaide)fits all approach does not work in remote & rural areas, so maybe SAFECOM needs to workout how the government is going to provide Emergency coverage across the state because the current system will collapse its only a matter of time.

Eucla was a CFS brigade until a few years ago, despite being a 12km over the WA border.  There is also a Eucla SES and Eucla ambos.   A couple of years ago, the responsibility for the funding / operations etc was handed over the FESA.

I believe the fire truck is still a standard issue CFS 24......

I figure that perhaps Eucla SES AND Ceduna SES were both sent, as initial reports perhaps mentioned two trucks involved, and the potential for TWO rescues being needed

I believe the fire truck is still a standard issue CFS 24......

In this case, I figure ambulance & rescue resources were sent from either end of the call, with fire resources being sent from the closest resource (Eucla).  With further information being obtained re the load in the trucks, THEN hazmat units were dispatched from the next few closest hazmat brigades....

Of course, Eucla is no longer on the GRN paging system, so we don't see their pager messages.......

The Eucla fire truck used to have a GRN radio fitted...they may still do, considering their proximity to the border.....

Pip

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2008, 11:00:58 AM »
I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone chook i was simply stating a fact, i have had the enjoyment of 200+km drives plenty of times to Glendambo due to defaults and for back up (same as the R.D SES and SAAS have), and HR i also thought it was a touch weired the C.Pedy wasn't dual responded initially (i was just going of the pager info)but hey its not hard to lose track of where you are on that highway for someone who is calling it in..
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2008, 11:33:04 AM »
Fair point JC (Please accept my humble apologies). But thats my point should brigades like Glendambo be full CFS brigades at all? (Refer to other post) Is it a bit much to expect towns of that size to provide a 24/7 coverage to a wide area?
Would a combined Volunteer Emergency Community response set up be better? (I.e a couple of people trained in first response disciplines who can get out there fast size up the scene & provide information back to the normal responders).
If that was the case, then Adelaide fire would know that they would need to dual respond additional resources straight up.
It would be hard for someone sitting in Adelaide at a console to know that such & such brigade is fairly small & unlikely to be able to provide effective full coverage.
Anyway I believe this is the subject for a new topic so cheers
Ken
just another retard!

uniden

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2008, 12:52:08 PM »
Mast have been a Adeliade fire thing last night as there was a ten min delay for a page to a MVA when MFS from Port Augusta where already on the way...Also MVA outside the bridge prison MFS where paged then wher on scene and asked fro CFS to send one appliances?? what happend to the two station turn out.....

Maurice road in Murray Bridge is part CFS, part MFS area. Hence the initial MFS/SES response to the job. Adelaide Fire are not expected to know that the prison part of Maurice Rd is CFS area. Alarm responses to the prison are dual response but those are auto despatch nothing to do with Adelaide Fire. CFS were obviously requested to attend the MVA by MFS crew on scene as it was in fact CFS area.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2008, 01:01:06 PM »
And unfortunatley, despite an apparent desire by all services to have a system of "closest & most appropriate resource" being dispatched, in reality the current system is still unable to do that (and that is not meant to be a criticism of Adelaide Fire)

We have been told that the Minister now believes that the whole CRD system is now working fine, as there have been very few issues forms submitted lately.   It would appear that there are still issues out there...hopefully forms are being submitted!!

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2008, 01:09:16 PM »
If the road is in both CFS & MFS area whatever happened to dual response?
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2008, 01:24:06 PM »
Pip I have it on very good authority that a)there is a new combined form (I've seen it) b) the minister wouldn't see those forms & c) that most people think they are a waste of time! for a start its called a grievance form, not a just curious what happened? form.
I know a neighbouring unit asked why we were responded to a job they were dealing with & they were slightly embarrassed when the answer came back to  the group of us as a grievance (and the answer supplied was completely wrong anyway).
So what is the point? There is some"stuff" going on between two local brigades up here & all the forms in the world won't fix it. Only a proper digitised map with boundries clearly marked at Adelaide fire will fix it - by the way every time this problem happens it impacts on us as well!
So roll on SACAD
Ken
just another retard!

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2008, 02:05:32 PM »
Might have to retitle this thread as it has digressed into a general RCR responses thread rather than just Port Augusta's :-)
Images are copyright

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2008, 02:22:03 PM »
Mast have been a Adeliade fire thing last night as there was a ten min delay for a page to a MVA when MFS from Port Augusta where already on the way...Also MVA outside the bridge prison MFS where paged then wher on scene and asked fro CFS to send one appliances?? what happend to the two station turn out.....

Maurice road in Murray Bridge is part CFS, part MFS area. Hence the initial MFS/SES response to the job. Adelaide Fire are not expected to know that the prison part of Maurice Rd is CFS area. Alarm responses to the prison are dual response but those are auto despatch nothing to do with Adelaide Fire. CFS were obviously requested to attend the MVA by MFS crew on scene as it was in fact CFS area.
I understand that but to wait 1/2 an hour and do it, although you would think the local crews would have that sort of knowledge and pass it on sooner? maybe say when acknowledging the page perhaps?
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2008, 03:12:37 PM »
All good chook fair point your making to. Glendambo from memory only have about 3-4 members and a 14 appliance, but the captain up there is a gun (have a great story about him if ya wana hear it pm me)
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2008, 03:34:54 PM »
This threads a bit of a joke really...

All responses are set by the data in BOMs and the RCRD.

If the data in BOMS isnt correct then CFS only has itself to blame for moving CRD when they knew they wouldnt be able to update the data in the system. So they came up with the idea that comms would phone our alerts for every response to CFS area and ask them who they wanted responded to assist, only being able to add to what the RCRD reccomends not remove anything. [If the response still isnt correct then who is to blame??? Locals.]

If the RCRD is incorrect then greivance forms need to be entered.

No excuses for anyone, vols, staff, comms... but remember, everything relies on accurate information being received and entered into the system, and also accurate information from Alerts.

In this case, Maurice Rd, Murray Bridge is a location that should be enough for a response, if it reccomends MFS then the locals should have the brains to call for backup as soon as there Do gets the page.

So how many times now has this topic been bashed? Must be wearing out some keyboards somewhere.... i know its not a nice sunny day out, but surely...

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2008, 05:00:11 PM »
Sunny?.. Not where I am !

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2008, 10:08:45 PM »
I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone chook i was simply stating a fact, i have had the enjoyment of 200+km drives plenty of times to Glendambo due to defaults and for back up (same as the R.D SES and SAAS have), and HR i also thought it was a touch weired the C.Pedy wasn't dual responded initially (i was just going of the pager info)but hey its not hard to lose track of where you are on that highway for someone who is calling it in..

For info, the initial call put it where it was.. 232km north of Woomera, and 140 odd km south of Coober..
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 06:42:42 AM by RescueHazmat »

pumprescue

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2008, 02:49:52 AM »
Because bill when it comes to outside the metro area adelaide fire have no idea so theyll just respond the nearest mfs resource, even if it is 100km's away.

Yeah, of course thats how it works..............if only you guys ran the world  :roll: