Author Topic: Region 3 Field Day  (Read 6633 times)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Region 3 Field Day
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:17:53 PM »
Region 3 and surrounding brigades will be holding a field day on August 3rd 2008

Crews will be arriving from 07:30 hrs and the formal start is 09:30 till 16:30 hrs

Exercises will be held at some other locations around the town also.

Other emergency service organisations will be in attendance.

Where: Morgan Oval in the Riverland

Images are copyright

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Region 3 Field Day
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 12:51:48 AM »
Appliances from the following groups participated in a number of exercises including Navigation, Atmospheric Monitoring, Floatation Pumps,etc

Chaffey Group
Barmera 34
Barmera QAV
Browns Well 34
Chaffey Group Car
Chaffey Group Logistics
Monash 34
Moorook 34
Wunkar 34

Coorong Group
Meningie 24

Mid Murray Group
Blanchetown 34
Cadell 14
Cadell 22
Cadell 24
Eastern Districts 14
Mid Murray Group Car
Mid Murray Group Logistics
Morgan QAV
Waikerie 24

Mallee Group
Bowhill 24
Pinnaroo 16

Ridley Group
Mannum 24
Ridley Group Logistics
Walker Flat 24

Swanport Group
Jervois 34
Jervois BWC17
Murray Bridge 24
Region 3 Logistics
Region 3 Hook Truck
Region 3 IMT Pod
Images are copyright

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 01:47:21 PM »
Pinnaroo 16 hasn't yet been delivered to Pinnaroo......it was brought along by CFS HQ, so people could have a good look at it, make some comments etc.....

Barmera QAV was also there as a display only, and not part of the exercises.

A few other vehicles were used as either transport to the oval, or as support vehicles for the exercises.

Well done to the guys from Cadell who spent considerable amount of time both Saturday and Sunday setting up exercises etc...

Well done to the Mid Murray Group and Region 3 staff for setting up the Field Day - good to see Field Days back again......

Hopefully the other Regions will follow the lead.....   :-D

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline 029

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 05:36:18 PM »
Light group are holding a gropu field day on the 13th of September based out of roseworthy station I know the SES has been asked to assist by doing a rescue from under the silos in roseworhty.

What would you as firefighters like to see us do???????????

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 11:16:58 PM »
Light group are holding a gropu field day on the 13th of September based out of roseworthy station I know the SES has been asked to assist by doing a rescue from under the silos in roseworhty.

Such a loaded question !  :-D
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 12:17:48 AM »

Display competence...

I know that might be tough, so I'll settle for just a sausage on some bread thanks, try not to burn it either...
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 06:34:59 AM »
Why start doing something now, that we haven't had to do in the past Numbers? :wink:
029 - just show them something that doesn't involve hoses or flames & you will be right!
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 02:29:46 PM »
my mistake i forgot how much of a cowboy attitude some CFS members have and it seems to me that they are on here.

This is the first time that we have been invited to join in the field day and we were asked by someone who tried to get rid of us it seems to me that some of you have small man syndrome and well guess what you will get over it

i had an honest question and you all made your selves sound like a bunch of jack offs and you say you have the CFS best intentions??????

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 02:30:11 PM »
Thanks for your advice chook

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 07:16:17 PM »
Geez 029 we was just havin some fun wit ya! :-P try not to be too sensetive on these boards, thats most of the fun, the services taking the mickey out of each other, look at most of numbers and my posts, no malice intended with any of them, just clean fun!
Remember "sensetivity killed the cat" or something like that :-D
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 07:22:46 PM »

Just a suggestion, have a look in the Frontline magazine (edition before last). Strathalbyn ran some active & static displays at a local fair. They obtained assistance from Mt Barker SES, local VSO & the SASESVA.

Strathalbyn SES obtained a flatbed truck and placed the larkin frame on the back of the flatbed. They had enough height to demonstrate a vertical stretcher rescue from the larkin frame on the truck to the ground at the back of the truck.

Then people can see & touch the frame being moved, knots used, harnesses, etc. In a country area it would be all people available to be on the hauling crew, so an advantage for them to see the technique.

They also did a search line that included how to prevent damage to a crime scene. Again relevant because CFS crew could be called to assist in a land search.

At one of the meetings they talked about running a competition with the big rope slingshot. See how far people shot a weighted line, but I am not sure if they did this.

Vehicles, equipment, & cutters into a car door were the static display. Display boards, instant marquee, PR van (now sold so not available) & Public Address system from SASESVA were used.

Anyway, if your from Kapunda SES you could make a mint for charging for horse & quad bike rides.... (just joking to all OHS&W staff)   :roll:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 08:23:04 PM by bajdas »
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline 029

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 10:50:27 PM »
nice idae about the quad bike rides but no body gets on my bike well not anybody from out side the unit.

we cant do vertical rescue as we are not curent in that have thought about a general rescue or a search but we dont want to be boring in what we do we are lucky enough to be one of 2 RCR crews in light group even though we are not involved with them as a service thanks for the ideas i had thought about the potential for running to things for them a more rescue specific display and then also a fire or storm related display

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 05:57:53 AM »
As Jaff said "its only poking a little fun" & Numbers has always been like that, haven't you mate? (Infact he says the same thing about CFS people so don't take it personally).
Yep strange things are happening alright, but I think its great you guys have been invited. I went to one a few years ago in Region 3, we did a quick run through on Land search & it was a great day!
Anyway as I said above there are some strange things happening around the place & I think the best people can do is forget about the past, learn what each of us can do & finally show a little respect :wink: The good news is a lot of the old dinosaurs are leaving the services & as long as people keep in mind the comments above you guys will have a long & rewarding career :-D
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

anything