General Discussion > Fire Fighter Training

BA Course

(1/4) > >>

Mike:
When did they stop giving pre-course assignments to people doing their initial BA course? Or has something been left out of the envelope?

Just seemed a bit odd.....

Cheers

Zippy:
There was no Pre-course assignment for my course, and that was last year.

Perhaps woulda been a change around the 2006/2007 year?

What did the pre-course assignment cover,  was it entirely necessary to have it?   i found it a pretty jam packed for a weekend.  I found Hazmat to be much more interesting tho.

SA Firey:
The pre-course assignment and medical were previously due before you arrived at the course.

It covered the principles and safety aspect of wearing CABA and also your retained knowledge of how the body produces and expels carbon dioxide,breathing rates,working on demand etc.

From CFS website

For Members seeking their Medical Clearance for the first time as a CABA Wearer or for subsequent refresher re-accreditation.

The attached medical is provided to assist CFS volunteers who have received confirmation of their successful nomination to attend an ‘Operate Breathing Apparatus Open Circuit’ initial training course or a ‘CABA Operator refresher’ course.
Please note that an OBAOC / CABA Medical Form and all course information will be sent to successfully nominated volunteers 4-6 weeks prior to the scheduled course start date.
Volunteers who have not received a course package within the specified time frame from the CFS State Training Centre should contact their Regional Training Officer or the OBAOC Project Manager to gain approval for a Medical Examination to occur.
Please note that the medical is valid for 6 months from the date of examination and must still be valid at the commencement of the scheduled course.

For current CABA Operators reaching the age criteria of 45 years and above.

This form is also to be used by current CABA accredited volunteers who require periodical medicals to maintain compliance with the CFS medical requirements for CABA operators. Please contact your Regional Training Officer for a copy.

Mike:

--- Quote from: SA Firey on July 17, 2008, 10:27:11 AM ---The pre-course assignment and medical were previously due before you arrived at the course.

It covered the principles and safety aspect of wearing CABA and also your retained knowledge of how the body produces and expels carbon dioxide,breathing rates,working on demand etc.

--- End quote ---

Thats what i remembered.....
They got everything else. The assignments are a good way of forcing people to read at least part of the book before the course.
Ah well... not to worry then.

Cheers :)

ltdan:
An inital CABA course has never had a pre-course assignment only a medical.

A CABA re-acc has had a precourse assignment and medical.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version