Author Topic: RECRUITMENT 2009  (Read 45188 times)

Monger

Re: RECRUITMENT 2009
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2010, 06:24:59 PM »
how are you enjoying yourself bunyip?

It is a whole lot of fun, with loads of hard work thrown in.  we have spent the last 2 days out in the drill yard - HOT HOT HOT!!!!

I have never slept so well in my life.

Such a bread range of learning too.  Obviously hoses/pump etc, but add in PT (Physical Training) Polices Procedures, Team Building.  Loads of variety, and only 8 days down so far.

Instructors are great.  I can see it is going to be a great career.

Wait til week 3, you will be sick of bowling and rolling and hauling hose aloft and pitching ladders. How did the Star Force day go? Sick of push ups??

Subi

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2010, 04:21:26 AM »
how are you enjoying yourself bunyip?

It is a whole lot of fun, with loads of hard work thrown in.  we have spent the last 2 days out in the drill yard - HOT HOT HOT!!!!

I have never slept so well in my life.

Such a bread range of learning too.  Obviously hoses/pump etc, but add in PT (Physical Training) Polices Procedures, Team Building.  Loads of variety, and only 8 days down so far.

Instructors are great.  I can see it is going to be a great career.

Wait til week 3, you will be sick of bowling and rolling and hauling hose aloft and pitching ladders. How did the Star Force day go? Sick of push ups??

Heading out with the Staries today - excited and nervous all at once

Offline tft

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2010, 06:02:23 PM »
When are they going to stop the going out for the stupid day with the Staries. The police recruits can't do it. The amount of recruits that get hurt is ridiculous over the years.

Subi

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2010, 06:12:46 PM »
When are they going to stop the going out for the stupid day with the Staries. The police recruits can't do it. The amount of recruits that get hurt is ridiculous over the years.

Having just gone thru it, I'd say not so stupid.  A fantastic team building exercise.  Lots of weaknesses identified, and loads of strengths too.  18 Knackered Blokes who are now a whole lot closer together.  WOW!, And FARQ I'm sore.

The Star Group fellas are just fantastic guys.  Yes they pushed us beyond ou limits, but we are all better off for it.  Those Staries are MACHINES!

anything