Author Topic: SAMFS Seaford  (Read 46863 times)

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SAMFS Seaford
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2008, 09:28:27 PM »
How about a Seagrave Quint?

Now we are talking mate!!.. 'Quints' and 'bells'.. Some days you just surprise me  numbers..  :p

(Just messing.. Would die for a Seagrave Quint!! :D ) ..

Not all of us have to do a few runs with US Departements to know what we are talking about! ;)

I know you guys enjoy stirring reactions and the like, but really, are these comments about the Seaford brigade necessary, or are they going to help in anyway.

Necessary? YES!
Helpful? NO!

Toughen up! Its all harmless, would you like a tissue?

Just be careful though mate, apparently its easy to 'slip' when on the fireground.. Dont want to bring all these US terms into our vocab do we?  ;) :p

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2008, 10:47:28 PM »
Just be careful though mate, apparently its easy to 'slip' when on the fireground.. Dont want to bring all these US terms into our vocab do we?  ;) :p

No slippage here! They're only ever used in a very scathingly sarcastic manner to demonstrate the sheer idiocy of it all!  :cry:
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2008, 08:45:55 AM »
Haha..  Fair enough..

- I'd still love a Seagrave Quint though.. ;)

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2008, 06:01:13 PM »
Just out of curiosity.

will seaford still have an area as such?  or will they only respond to upgraded jobs with mfs or large rural fires in the district?  or will they disband altogether?

what trucks will they have?
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2008, 07:54:38 PM »
Just out of curiosity.

will seaford still have an area as such?  or will they only respond to upgraded jobs with mfs or large rural fires in the district?  or will they disband altogether?

Dunno, no-one seems to have a hard and fast answer to that one(or they are going to say). Dont know how they are going to go with the MFS station only about 500? metres up the road. One would think* that they would perhaps as someone eluded to be downgrades to a 34? or 34P. Time will tell (or someone else will!)
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2008, 10:05:52 PM »
Just out of curiosity.

Dunno, no-one seems to have a hard and fast answer to that one(or they are going to say). Dont know how they are going to go with the MFS station only about 500? metres up the road. One would think* that they would perhaps as someone eluded to be downgrades to a 34? or 34P. Time will tell (or someone else will!)

I can't see any issue (apart from outcry from Seafood CFS members) with them being given a 34P and being relegated to Rural/Semi Urban. With multiple MFS stations overing the area that Seafood CFS once had, I see no need for them to exist in their current setup. No doubt they will whinge and moan about it, but in the end it will have nothing to do with community benefit and everything to do with some blokes have their big trucks and jollies taken from them.

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2008, 10:31:24 AM »
Just out of curiosity.

I know nothing about what the plans are by those in charge of these things (assuming there are plans of course)... but I don't see it being that much different except they stop going to all the fixed alarms except when MFS need assistance.  They will still have the same "rural" area they have now.  I see no reason why they would loose their pumper either, I would have thought they have a good argument to keep it (especially since they already have it and are apparently happy with it).  Similar position to Morphett Vale, Burnside and Salisbury really, and not too different from many others like Athelstone (or even Victor, Murray Bridge etc) either I would have thought.

Offline Pixie

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • Seaford Lt#2
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2008, 10:18:28 AM »
Pretty much spot on Darius,

Seaford will have a rather small primary response area, but the brigade will no longer be responded to single appliance rubbish bin etc. type fires.

will still be on the page for all incident types that require two or more trucks in "our"(Seaford MFS) area.

rural response will stay the same.

as far as trucks go, I'm pretty sure none of our fireys would argue with HQ giving us a well thought out and well designed Urban/Rural Pumper. But from what i have seen, the most suitable appliance setup for our station is what we have now, although, the Dennis is beginning to show its age.

Pixie

BTW numbers, there is only 1 person who refers to seaford station as Seefood Station, which shows that you are obviously a crank and listen to your scanner way too much!
SACFS
Seaford Brigade
Lieutenant 2

**My View only, does not reflect that of the Seaford Brigade or SACFS**

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2008, 10:26:13 AM »
Seaford will have a rather small primary response area, but the brigade will no longer be responded to single appliance rubbish bin etc. type fires.

That should definitely help reduce the number of nuisance calls, and build morale for responding to more important calls.  Id love to see a paid crew respond to the tree downs in my area.  :evil:

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2008, 01:07:04 PM »
Pretty much spot on Darius,

will still be on the page for all incident types that require two or more trucks in "our"(Seaford MFS) area.

rural response will stay the same.

as far as trucks go, I'm pretty sure none of our fireys would argue with HQ giving us a well thought out and well designed Urban/Rural Pumper. But from what i have seen, the most suitable appliance setup for our station is what we have now, although, the Dennis is beginning to show its age.

Pixie

BTW numbers, there is only 1 person who refers to seaford station as Seefood Station, which shows that you are obviously a crank and listen to your scanner way too much!

How will losing the single truck calls affect your call numbers? Would it be losing 50 calls or 150 calls a year? It does sound good for morale to lose some of the scheiße calls, but do you still get the Alarms at 2am?

You might find that there is more than the ONE person that calls your brigade Seafood CFS. Its not a huge leap in logic from Seaford to Seafood, especially after you meet some of the members. I dare say that I've been calling you Seafood CFS for longer than you've been part of the Brigade. I WISH I could have a scanner to listen to, while I sit in my POV with my RX2700 LED lightbar, Wigwags, and Warrior Dash lights, chasing smoke 24/7, and being a wacker!

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2008, 02:26:24 PM »
Meanwhile back on topic the only sign of MFS is the sign on the land where the station is going to be built.

Seaford are quite capable of getting 2 appliances to a job as evidenced yesterday.

We all have our bad days for crewing that goes with the territory :-P
Images are copyright

pumprescue

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2008, 03:09:54 PM »
I wouldn't say quite capable, we can all eventually get every truck out, depends how long we want to wait and if we want to take a rougue DGO on the truck...I guess you can call that efficient crewing....

I really don't care what they end up doing at Seafood. I just care that my brigade is staffed correctly and gets its trucks out the door with appropriatley trained crews, you can have as many rural helmeted people on the truck as you like, still doesn't help.

By the way pixie, it was nick named Seafood long before you joined the CFS, in fact I remember the day they moved from Saltfleet st we started calling them that..... :lol:

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2008, 06:07:40 PM »
I should think Seaford will only remain in C, B and A class responses.

And possibly in some grassfire responses, depending on location/incident type.

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2008, 12:26:42 PM »
Ill have to agree with the boys Pixie, when we moved from Pt Noarlunga to Seaford (or food :-D) we got the new nick name. Its some harmless fun. mmmmmm seafood.
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2008, 03:53:03 PM »
The Seaford MFS site now has temporary fencing around it and they have begun digging holes / earthworks.

Found some details at http://www.mfs.sa.gov.au/site/about_us/fire_stations/metropolitan_stations/seaford_station.jsp
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2009, 09:49:10 PM »
How's the station coming along?
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

Offline Pixie

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • Seaford Lt#2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2009, 06:06:36 PM »
coming along quite well, slowly, but from the looks of it it is going to be a pretty nice station!

pretty much all that has been done is the earthworks, and a rather large retaining wall...(the cost of that wall alone would have probably built someone a new truck, or a brand new CFS station)
SACFS
Seaford Brigade
Lieutenant 2

**My View only, does not reflect that of the Seaford Brigade or SACFS**

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2009, 12:23:21 PM »
MFS: *CFSRES INC038 03/02/09 10:57,RESPOND To,41 SEAFORD RD,SEAFORD MEADOWS MAP 195 K 13 TG134,BUILDING SITE, COMPACTION ROLLER ALIGHT,SEAF00 CDN431

Does that count as the first job for the Seaford station.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2009, 12:31:07 PM »
haha...that took a while for me to get lol

Pixie, your thoughts??? 

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 03, 2009, 01:09:09 PM »
Was listening, :-P CFS arrived well in advance of MFS. :mrgreen: Nice quick response from seaford.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2009, 01:15:01 PM »
SEAFORD CFS,  PROTECTING THE COMMUNITY WHEN THE MFS FIRE STATION SITE CATCHS FIRE

Darren

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2009, 06:19:37 AM »
and then the next day not being able to respond to 2 calls, so yeah..... :roll:

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2009, 08:39:05 AM »
and then the next day not being able to respond to 2 calls, so yeah..... :roll:

Interesting, it looked like their truck on the grass near the old farmhouse at 8:45pm well before MFS were turning off Commercial Rd.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Darren

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2009, 10:17:11 AM »
My mistake, it was yesterday, oh well, what I am getting at, vols, one day its good, the next its bad. We are all in the same boat as vols.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2009, 04:41:24 PM »
Work is well underway at Seaford further info can be found here http://www.samfs.sa.gov.au/site/about_us/fire_stations/metropolitan_stations/seaford_station.jsp
Images are copyright