Author Topic: New SAPOL HQ announcement  (Read 22928 times)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
New SAPOL HQ announcement
« on: March 30, 2009, 12:00:00 PM »
The new SAPOL HQ building must be near the rear of MFS HQ.
----------------------------------
From website: http://www.ministers.sa.gov.au/news.php?id=4547

Site revealed for state’s new Police Headquarters

March 26, 2009

Construction of a brand new state-of-the-art Police Headquarters at 100 Angas Street will begin soon.

Premier Mike Rann, today announced that Commercial and General Corporation is the successful developer for the $100 million project.

The State Government will lease the building and spend $38 million dollars for a fit-out to ensure it meets the needs of the South Australian Police.

“This building will be the biggest police-building project in South Australia’s history. It will have a five-star energy rating, and cater for the ever-increasing demands of sophisticated policing operations.”

“The 40 metre high building will provide 18,000m2 of efficient, modern Green 5-star office accommodation for more than 1000 staff over 9 floors,” Premier Rann said.

The proposed design includes meeting spaces and a café on the ground floor and provides access to the underground car park.

SAPOL sections to be based at the new hub include the Executive, Firearms, Records, police prosecutors, Anti Corruption and Sex Crimes Investigation Branch.

The developer’s team of architects will now work with the Department of Transport Energy and Infrastructure and SAPOL, to further enhance the initial design and ensure the facility reflects SAPOL ‘s service delivery to the community.

Mr Wright said the new headquarters was part of South Australia's largest ever police station construction program – one which has seen new stations opened at Golden Grove, Aldinga, Gawler, Mount Barker, Victor Harbor, Berri, Port Lincoln, Newton, Blakeview, Hallett Cove and Pooraka.

A $6.5 million revamp of the Christies Beach Police Complex will commence shortly, while details of a major redevelopment of the SA Police Academy at Fort Largs will be announced soon.

We have no intention stopping there either, with another $8 million going towards expanding the Roxby Downs police facility, $9.5 million to rebuild the Murray Bridge police station and three new stations on the APY Lands.

“We make no apology for providing up-to-the minute facilities for our dedicated police.

“Increased funding for the SAPOL operational budget and extensive capital spending have ensured that police in this State are better equipped to keep our communities safe.

New police stations across South Australia, supported by a record level of funding for SAPOL and the highest ever numbers of police officers in the State’s history, are all concrete evidence of this Government’s commitment to ensuring the safety and security of the community,” Minister Wright said.

The new police headquarters building is expected to be complete by late 2011.

Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: New SAPOL HQ announcement
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 12:18:04 PM »
Old news will be built on Yorke Motors site :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »
Wasn't SAPOL HQ's recently upgraded in the last couple of years?
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 12:37:01 PM »
Yeah i thought that too Hazmat206.   

I remember a ch10 news spot on the "secretly located" multiagency State operations centre for large scale incidents....wonder if its even secret these days lol. I bet its probably empty now.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 12:38:04 PM »
Wasn't SAPOL HQ's recently upgraded in the last couple of years?

The former No.1 Angas Street was demolished to make way for the new Federal/Family Courts now there.
Images are copyright

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 12:47:22 PM »
Old news will be built on Yorke Motors site :wink:

Oh well....I am just behind the times     :-P
That will make parking in the area even worse for volunteers unless a public carpark goes in or SAFECOM / SES SHQ move   :wink:
Andrew Macmichael

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 01:24:35 PM »
Maybe a few will jump ship and join MFS :lol:
Images are copyright

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 06:15:57 PM »
The new SAPOL HQ building must be near the rear of MFS HQ.

Certainly is... directly behind, so no more sweeping view of the hills  :|

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 11:42:56 PM »
oh perfect....less explosive needed to take out two of the most major public service HQ's in one hit!!

Hark....did I just hear the tap on my door from the AFP?

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 10:37:24 AM »
New police stations across South Australia, supported by a record level of funding for SAPOL and the highest ever numbers of police officers in the State’s history, are all concrete evidence of this Government’s commitment to ensuring the safety and security of the community,” Minister Wright said.

Kalangadoo is getting a new police station built but not sure when though  :roll:
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2009, 11:33:35 PM »
Thanks Rob..

uniden

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 03:00:29 PM »
Interesting how they can build green friendly buildings but cant seem to come up with non paper pay slips for public servants.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 05:56:46 PM »
Electronic?

misterteddy

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 08:41:19 PM »
Interesting how they can build green friendly buildings but cant seem to come up with non paper pay slips for public servants.

never received a paper pay slip all the time i worked for the Public Service....round 10 months

uniden

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2009, 03:34:38 PM »
MFS seem to only be capable of paper ones.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2009, 03:59:02 PM »
MFS seem to only be capable of paper ones.

Not true at all Uniden, all mine are electronic [were with CFS also], just ring payroll and ask them to change you over.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2009, 06:02:37 PM »

never received a paper pay slip all the time i worked for the Public Service....round 10 months

worked?  Public Service?

oh pull the other one......     :-P

Darren

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 06:46:17 PM »

Mine are electronic to, on email, most of the guys on my shift have changed to email now.

misterteddy

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2009, 09:59:07 PM »

yeah....had to leave...didnt fit in
worked?  Public Service?

oh pull the other one......     :-P

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »
This would make a interesting training venue when built.

I wonder why they have left the facility at Fort Largs given they are revamping all buildings (except one). I thought land would be available further out of the metro area.

-------------------------------------
Website: http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,25301772-5006301,00.html

'Scenario' town in Fort Largs Police Academy upgrade
April 07, 2009 10:05am

A REPLICA town for "scenario" training will be built at the Fort Largs Police Academy - and almost half of the academy's land will be sold to developers.

The sale of 6.3 hectares of prime waterfront land for residential development will partly fund the $59 million redevelopment of the training facility.

The sale will be conducted through the Land Management Corporation.

The only building that will remain on the academy site will be an indoor firing range built in 1993.

The State Government announced the rebuild this morning, saying the current training facilities are more than 40 years old and no longer meet training requirements.

The redeveloped site will include a mock township such as those used extensively in the United States for urban response, siege and anti-terrorism training.

Work will begin in March next year and is scheduled to be completed by Novermber, 2011. The Government has promised that the new facility will have a five-star energy rating.

Meanwhile, the Government has also announced a three-year extension to Police Commissioner Mal Hyde's term, ending speculation that he might move interstate.
Andrew Macmichael

misterteddy

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 07:10:47 PM »
yeah wonder how long the complaints from the $million home buyers that will infest the place will take to get a silly little pretend practice facility closed and all the lad will be sold up.

Cant imagine if u shell out shitloads for prime beach property that you're gonna be overly happy with flashbangs, percussion grenades and pistol fire all day as the Star-eze practise. Why not just admit the plan is to sell it all up.....and move the Plods to Salisbury Shopping Centre or something to practice

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 10:40:10 PM »
yeah wonder how long the complaints from the $million home buyers that will infest the place will take to get a silly little pretend practice facility closed and all the lad will be sold up.

Cant imagine if u shell out shitloads for prime beach property that you're gonna be overly happy with flashbangs, percussion grenades and pistol fire all day as the Star-eze practise. Why not just admit the plan is to sell it all up.....and move the Plods to Salisbury Shopping Centre or something to practice

But Tedster, there is no practice facility at Salisbury Shopping Centre.......... but then again............................Oh my.....OH YEH!
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline Firey9119

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2009, 10:25:31 PM »
Go a little more north to Elizabeth and there training would be that real they want even know it !!
Phillip H
Salisbury CFS (Para Group)
FireFighter
(Firey9119)