General Discussion > Other Government Agencies

Summer Crew Jobs 2008/2009 Fire Season

(1/16) > >>

Robert-Robert34:
Ok Ok i know im getting into that habit of posting this topic around the same time every year  :roll:

Anyways seeing as how the year has already gone past us real fast :-o and with the fire season just 3 months away its time to ask that question of which company everyone is going to try and get a summer crew job with this season... seeing as how im posting the topic let me open the floor  :-P

After narrowly missing out on numerous summer crew jobs last season im back at it again this season coming but now have the addition of my full certificate 2 in Conservation And Land Management of which i have almost completed at TAFE SA Mount Gambier campus

The bonus part about the full cert 2 in CLM (Conservation&Land Management)is that one of the units is operate and maintain chainsaws of which is safe to say i've successfully completed having passed the practical on the 03/08/2008

Heres a list of companies i am going to try and get into for this season

* Integrated Tree Cropping 
* Auspine Forestry
* Hancock Victorian Plantations
* Forestry SA
* Green Triangle Forest Products
* National Parks & Wildlife (DEH)
* DSE Victoria

Now its everyone elses turn  :-)

Oh yeah the chainsaw i had to operate and maintain during the unit was an ECHO and believe me that chainsaw had alot of grunt and i dont mean it grunted like a pig does  :lol:

6739264:
Good luck this year buddy.  :-)

rescue5271:
ITC will be looking for more staff this summer Robert so you should give them a call soon....hope you get in one day soon..

Robert-Robert34:

--- Quote from: bill - Hynam CFS on August 05, 2008, 07:56:27 AM ---ITC will be looking for more staff this summer Robert so you should give them a call soon....hope you get in one day soon..

--- End quote ---

Once i have finished my certificate course in conservation and land management as well as gotten other stuff out of the way such as negotiating my part time work contract with Millicent Work Options seeing as how my 3 month trial period is up next month and getting my car seviced in week 3 of September (hopefully)

I will be giving ITC a call then cause theres a good chance now im qualified in chainsaw operations i'll get on the crew... oh yeah Bill i'll have to give you a call around about that time too cause both of my extinguishers need servicing/refilling   

rescue5271:
No Problems Robert just give me a buzz.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version