Technical Discussion > Terrorism

Is it or isn't it????

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bagyassfirey:
id be more worried bout fires starting of natural causes or machinery failure. think were in 4 a long summer theres some massive fuel loads building thru the YP and Mid North...not to mention elsewhere

bajdas:

--- Quote from: 6739264 on August 12, 2008, 06:48:00 PM ---I heard that the Salvos have an underground bunker full of nothing but Spam and 'mint' peas. Enough to feed the country's emergency services for a year atleast. (Depending on if they want to feed the SES, they are meant to be able to cook for themselves)

--- End quote ---

many years ago it was the Mormons who have the emergency bunker food stores and at that time, I understood they will allow access has part of the state disaster plan.

6739264:
I had an ex-girlfriend who had stocks of canned goods for such an eventuality.

She also mentioned something about the government and aliens...

Yeah, I love the crazy...

RescueHazmat:

--- Quote from: jaff on August 12, 2008, 12:56:34 AM ---Bombs...........check,
chemical........check,
biological......check,
radiological....check,
redheads........What?

So we have all been clued up on the likely terrorist attack methods, but what about if someone during a particuarly dry warm spell that we suffer through each year, set large numbers of fires in vunerable areas at exactly the same time.
Now imagine if it happened in WA, SA, VIC, ACT, NSW simaltaneously.
Imagine that scenario, the devastation that it could potentially cause over great areas affecting a massive amount of the Australian population!
When you look at the challenges just SA would face its scary.
Even the Salvo's would have trouble supplying that much Spam, pineapple,beetroot and potato salad to all the hungry firey's! :-D
What are your thoughts?

--- End quote ---

We stretch a line, and dig in.. Just like we always do..

6739264:

--- Quote from: RescueHazmat on August 12, 2008, 11:53:11 PM ---We stretch a line, and dig in.. Just like we always do..

--- End quote ---

I carry a WWII era German entrenching tool in my CBRN(E) pack for such occasions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version