Author Topic: Carey Gully Rd  (Read 16530 times)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Carey Gully Rd
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 11:07:25 AM »
Slightly in the same topic yet off topic.

Right now,  Stirling Rescue is sitting on 124,  and i can hear Aldgate 12 request them...on 136...to no avail.

The difference was...Aldgate 12 was told to change to 136...Stirling Rescue...got a Roger Out.

Any thoughts?

pumprescue

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 11:12:14 AM »
Perhaps Stirling and Aldgate don't have radio operators and as the procedure states, if no joy on your local TG go back to 124 or whatever your regional TG is. Stirling probably should have announced they were going back to 124 to keep Aldgate in the loop.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 11:15:19 AM »
Stirling may have been working on the assumption, remain on talkgroup unless told to change?

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 11:31:18 AM »
The SOP is clear on this.

Change to the Talk Group listed on your pager (which in itself created confusion at the crash at Carey Gully / Cudlee Creek)......

You do not need to be told to change, you are just meant to go there.

If there is no station on air then tough luck.  If you need something, you change back to 124, and when you have passed your message, you go back to the channel listed on your pager....

The SOP also states that stations are not meant to come up on 124 to advise they are on air...they go straight to the channel listed on the pager, and come up there......

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline FireyF

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 12:45:26 PM »
Stirling pumper was on both channels i know because i was on it!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:05:26 PM by FireyF »

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 12:51:09 PM »
hand on a minute i was on Stirling pumper Aldgate was not even coming to this job and also we had a portable on 124 and the truck radio on 126 at that was the channel for the incident when we relised where the job was we put a stop for carry gully and for rescue and returned to our station

Punctuation? Grammar? Spelling? Comprehension?

Tough, I know.

The Carey Gully rd. job and the current Aldgate/Stirling 124/136 job are two DIFFERENT jobs that are being discussed.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 01:00:06 PM by 6739264 »
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 12:55:32 PM »
I did say...i was going Off Topic....different incident all together that occured this morning.

Offline FireyF

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 12:57:50 PM »
Stirling may have been working on the assumption, remain on talkgroup unless told to change?
we turn a potable onto 124 and have the fixed radio on the designated talk group and that is how we run to incidents

Offline FireyF

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 12:58:56 PM »
today was the same story we did as we always do

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 01:08:28 PM »
The SOP is clear on this.

Change to the Talk Group listed on your pager (which in itself created confusion at the crash at Carey Gully / Cudlee Creek)......

You do not need to be told to change, you are just meant to go there.

If there is no station on air then tough luck.  If you need something, you change back to 124, and when you have passed your message, you go back to the channel listed on your pager....

The SOP also states that stations are not meant to come up on 124 to advise they are on air...they go straight to the channel listed on the pager, and come up there......

Pip

Definately agree with that...It just appears to be a information flow of new procedure, not occuring or "down pat".

But i also disagree with the SOP in other respects. Thats another rant for another time.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 01:09:37 PM »
we turn a potable onto 124 and have the fixed radio on the designated talk group and that is how we run to incidents

So, do you have a portable on 136??? because the incident controller has to able to get out of the truck.

Offline FireyF

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2008, 01:30:58 PM »
yes we have a portable on 136 and 124 as we have to portable GRN's on pumper

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2008, 05:57:02 PM »
There was nothing wrong with the old method, so long as booking mobile and sitreps were on 124 until a station came up on air and ALL fireground comms were kept on UHF/VHF.

The new system is just bollocks to be honest. Not so bad for appliances with multiple GRN portables, but thats not too many.

I'd love to see the introduction of a speaker and mic on the pump panel for monitoring GRN, but hey, I can dream...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2008, 06:01:19 PM »
Thats possible numbers ;)...Just hook up a portable scanner to the trucks cigarette lighter.  You could then...broadcast the headphone port's audio via bluetooth, to a bluetooth ear piece.  Or even splicing a Bluetooth audio feed directly off the Mobile GRN radio in the cab...?

Offline FireyF

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2008, 07:07:17 PM »
Thats possible numbers ;)...Just hook up a portable scanner to the trucks cigarette lighter.  You could then...broadcast the headphone port's audio via bluetooth, to a bluetooth ear piece.  Or even splicing a Bluetooth audio feed directly off the Mobile GRN radio in the cab...?
mayb for some technical wiz but noone else

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2008, 07:30:00 PM »
mayb for some technical wiz but noone else

Its called sarcasm!

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2008, 07:53:04 PM »
If everyone went by the SOP then the talkgroup is on the pager, no excuse for being anywhere else, unless directed otherwise :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2008, 08:00:14 PM »
There still is a bucket load of people still forgetting to go to their primary talkgroup and continue to transmit on 124 for sometime. Must pisss Adelaide fire right off.
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2008, 08:11:39 PM »

Or do the old fashion way, which is to run a speaker cable with a switch, to the speaker horn location near the pump.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2008, 08:22:50 PM »

Or do the old fashion way, which is to run a speaker cable with a switch, to the speaker horn location near the pump.

Which is prohibited under Telstras GRN contract with CFS unless they do it. :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2008, 08:36:19 PM »
Hasn't the Telstra contract with CFS now expired....?

As part of that, we all used to have to undertake a GRN course before touching the radios.   Now there is no requirement to do that....

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline FireyF

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2008, 08:46:09 PM »

As part of that, we all used to have to undertake a GRN course before touching the radios.   Now there is no requirement to do that....

Pip

oops we are meant to do a GRN course i must have missed that oh well :lol:

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2008, 09:06:17 PM »

Pip

Within SES the updated TRK for 'Operate Communications Equipment' is being rolled out. This replaces the interim course that has been delivered during the past few years.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

uniden

« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2008, 09:21:18 PM »

MFS appliances have remote speakers.

Which is prohibited under Telstras GRN contract with CFS unless they do it. :wink:

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2008, 10:25:46 PM »

MFS appliances have remote speakers.

Your right uniden, MFS have speakers on pump like numbers wants, but they also carry multiple GRN radios but not others??

anything