Technical Discussion > Hypotheticals

MFS: Respond DOMESTIC FIRE

<< < (7/7)

bajdas:

--- Quote from: 6739264 on August 20, 2008, 02:37:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: bajdas on August 20, 2008, 10:55:18 AM ---Sectorising a collapsed structure is used in 'USAR cat 1' course. Thus I believe, it is used for all wall markings of a USAR incident in South Australia.

I have not done the course for while, so it might have been modified. I think some of the sectorising is being introduced to some of the other SES courses.

Others will be able to confirm...so maybe will become part of the future classification of a structure.

--- End quote ---

Do you know if you guys use the system:

External: Side 1,2,3,4
Internal: A/B/C/D (quadrants) E (centre)

--- End quote ---

I checked my hand-written notes from the course several years ago...so it could have changed, but..yes, that is the system I have noted for USAR Structure markings...each zone is listed in a clockwise direction from the street address side.

TillerMan:
Mmm, well if smoke was showing i would drop the box, an all hands on arrival would also bring on the extra engine, truck and rescue for RIT, i'd get a 1 1/2" pre connect going and make the 2nd due engine lay in a line of LDH from the hydrant.... oh hang on sorry wrong country, we don't have any of that and the 34 that is arriving 2nd probably has 2 lengths of 64.

Depending on the location might ask for a tanker.

chook:
Yep Numbers & Andrew you are both quite correct. A,B,C,D,E for internal 1234 for external.
cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version