Technical Discussion > Hypotheticals

MFS: Respond DOMESTIC FIRE

<< < (2/7) > >>

Pipster:
That was pretty much the scenario in this job in March 2004 at Roseworthy....

Pip

Zippy:
You wouldnt want to go inside that house..that roof is very compromised...and anybody inside is already dead.

Nice knowing the neutral plane went to near Floor Level.

Pipster:
Roof collapsed around 8  minutes after we discovered the fire..and only about 4 minutes before the first appliance arrived....

Luckily, we found the occupant had left some time before, and no one inside.....

Pip

Gilly:
I'd request second alarm on route going by multiple calls and time of available resources.
Get one on a hose knocking down the fire, concentrating on the left of the entrance way (filtered the garage at this stage). As there isn't much of a breach of the main house area, i'd commit 2 in BA with a hose line to search and surpress, starting from the far left of the house. (With the hose guy outside donned but not started up).
The fourth guy would get a hydrant sunk, and then assist outside dude.

As the main house area isn't that well involved, you could do a fair bit by knocking down the fire in that entrance area. The front door seems to be still intact, and there is not a huge amount of roof and eaves smoke, so spreading the fire internally is not a huge concern for now. Wouldn't worry about ventilation yet, but if i had to, i'd probably push air in from the left side of the house to push the fire back towards the garage. (thats assuming he didn't have a few ferraris and bugatti veyrons in the shed. then its a different story all together...)

bittenyakka:
We haven't had one of these on here for a while not have we.

The smoke coming from the eves on the A side at the B end makes this end look really unstable However if there is a entrance at that end it would definitely  be worth a look in and use for SAR work.

The fire is free venting in that section but i don't have any idea about below the ceiling on the B and D ends of the house.

so ...
Call 2nd alarm
OIC.. Does 360deg walk around finds power/gas and potential or current exposures. and ECO
IF there is an entrance point on the b side then

Driver pumps and  pulls 38 however long to that door in prep for BA team so the attack can be made from the end of the house that it appears any occupants will be at.
IF not
it goes to where the FF in shot is and attack will be made from the front (however this will risk pushing the fire into any unburnt areas of the structure)
3rd/4th BA

5th guy gets BA on as well and takes Irons if forcible entry is required.
Or lays 60M of 64 toward hydrant so the oncoming 34 can pump from the hydrant.
or if exposures are a concern takes sideline to protect them and may or may not use BA.
Or becomes vent man in radio contact with BA team

Things the 2nd due will do
BA team will try and ascertain what is in the garage and or attack fire from A side with 38
will plug into hydrant and finish supply lay
Take ECO from OIC

2nd alarm appliances
relieve and support crew as required

GDO - Gets lunch :-D

Flaws in this plan
No Backup BA team as everyone is committed to an aggressive attack based on the fact that there is a high possibility of persons trapped.
CFS would really have know way of getting access to the garage so we can't fight the fire from that end.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version