Author Topic: MFS: Respond DOMESTIC FIRE  (Read 27490 times)

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: MFS: Respond DOMESTIC FIRE
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2008, 11:14:05 PM »
Mmmm never heard them in SA mate  :|

Irons and 2nd dues though?

lol, only certain people on this forum are allowed to have a tease eh?

ease off the keyboard a bit and just have a re-read [observe smiley thingo face]

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2008, 11:57:16 PM »
I tried to ease off the keyboard but it was already stuck to my gut.

The comment about not reading enough documents used by other services *was* tongue cheek...

I was trying to suggest that although the terms occasionally get a run, people need to stick to our SOP's and terminology so that they can communicate clearly with other people ;)

Same team!
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2008, 10:55:18 AM »
Irons? A & B sides? 2nd due appliances.....
hmmmmm  :lol:

A/B/C/D etc.. Works with sectorising structures no? Start at the front and work around in a clockwise direction.

Mmmm it may well be a good way of sectorising structures, and im well aware of what he was referring too. However this is definitely not a South Aussie way of speaking and probly not even aussie full stop [?]..

Just having a tease about all the 'yankeeisms' in there... few too many movies perhaps ;)

Sectorising a collapsed structure is used in 'USAR cat 1' course. Thus I believe, it is used for all wall markings of a USAR incident in South Australia.

I have not done the course for while, so it might have been modified. I think some of the sectorising is being introduced to some of the other SES courses.

Others will be able to confirm...so maybe will become part of the future classification of a structure.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2008, 11:12:33 AM »
What do people think?

sounds the go to me, although I agree with Gilly that I'd call 2nd alarm enroute for the same reasons he said.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2008, 02:37:17 PM »
Sectorising a collapsed structure is used in 'USAR cat 1' course. Thus I believe, it is used for all wall markings of a USAR incident in South Australia.

I have not done the course for while, so it might have been modified. I think some of the sectorising is being introduced to some of the other SES courses.

Others will be able to confirm...so maybe will become part of the future classification of a structure.

Do you know if you guys use the system:

External: Side 1,2,3,4
Internal: A/B/C/D (quadrants) E (centre)
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2008, 06:13:31 PM »

Do you know if you guys use the system:

External: Side 1,2,3,4
Internal: A/B/C/D (quadrants) E (centre)

I checked my hand-written notes from the course several years ago...so it could have changed, but..yes, that is the system I have noted for USAR Structure markings...each zone is listed in a clockwise direction from the street address side.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 09:37:22 AM »
Mmm, well if smoke was showing i would drop the box, an all hands on arrival would also bring on the extra engine, truck and rescue for RIT, i'd get a 1 1/2" pre connect going and make the 2nd due engine lay in a line of LDH from the hydrant.... oh hang on sorry wrong country, we don't have any of that and the 34 that is arriving 2nd probably has 2 lengths of 64.

Depending on the location might ask for a tanker.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 01:07:24 PM »
Yep Numbers & Andrew you are both quite correct. A,B,C,D,E for internal 1234 for external.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

anything