Author Topic: 2005 Royal Adelaide Show Main Arena Spectacular - Expression of Interest  (Read 17909 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2005 Royal Adelaide Show Main Arena Spectacular - Expression of Interest
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2005, 02:38:42 PM »
Sounds like it ought to be a good show... Good luck to all the people involved :lol:

strikeathird

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2005, 04:10:56 PM »
Hopefully no one gets run over by one of those forklifts....   Crews might actually have to swing into action...  :lol:    Imagine the MC commentating on that one  :mrgreen:

Sounds like a good show  :-)

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2005, 10:17:39 AM »
How Many People Are Going From SA Fire Fighter?

I Am For One.

rescue5271

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2005, 01:50:21 PM »
Ragless showed the DVD of the cfs at the show and its tops one would hope that some will filter into brigades soon well done to all crews and the team at media that did a great job. can we do it next year :?

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2005, 06:21:25 PM »
Yes I Had Fun, I Am Up For It Again Next Year.  Would Be Good To See A Multi Response Agency Show Maybe Include MFS.

This Year Had To Be About Us Though Regarding The Eyre Peninsula Fires & The Bad Rap That The CFS Got From The Media.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2005, 02:17:29 PM »
Has anyone got their DVD's of the show yet? Can someone put it up on the net when they get it? (If it doesn't violate copyrights of course ;))

Offline Laska

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Anyone heard much else in regards to the show for this year?

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
Ran Into Rag's Just Over A Month Ago As I Was Pulling Out Of A Car Park. He Asked If I Wanted To Do It Again. Said Yes. I Believe Its Still Being Organised & Might Be A Multi Agency Display. Will Have To Wait And See.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 12:01:14 PM by CyberCitizen »

rescue5271

Few guys down this way would like to do it after they had a look at the DVD,so lets all hope its a goer for 2006...

rescue5271

I got a email today from the media unit asking for expressions of interest for help at the show this year it will be in the main arena like last year..so keep an eye out this year you must be able to help for 3 nights and there is training before hand for 3/4 days....I guess I will not be able to go this year......UNLESS I beg the wife to let me go...

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
recieved that also...

sounds liek we are in for another good show !!!

rescue5271

the DVD was good from last year..........

PF_

How do they pick who gets to do it, wouldnt mind that.

Offline firetruck

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
hey can't this thread be deleted already? last time i checked the show was in september................2005.
"East side love is living on the West end"

proud inventor of the nickname "manny","manny the man whore" and "mandogga"

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
How do they pick who gets to do it, wouldnt mind that.

They Swap It Around.  Last Year They Asked What Everyone Would Be Happy Doing.  Then The Night Before Each Event They Would Pick Who Was Doing What.  So One Night You Could Be Helping In The Back Ground, The Other Night You Could Be In The Truck Doing The Fire Demo.  They Tried To Share It Around As Much As Possible.

As For Deleting This Thread It Could Be Done But The Show Will Be Here Again Soon.

PF_

Is there a selection process to get into the thing though.  Surely not everyone who aplies gets in.

Toast

Maybe this year they won't make us get in gas suits with no BA on.

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
Is there a selection process to get into the thing though.  Surely not everyone who aplies gets in.

Last Time There Was The Expression Of Interest, I Think They Pretty Much Allowed Anyone Who Wanted To, However This Year I Think There Is More Of An Interest Because Of The DVD Release So I Am Not Sure What They Will Do.  I Am Sure Rag's Is Planning Something As We Speak.  Thats If The Funding Is There This Year.

Maybe this year they won't make us get in gas suits with no BA on.

Don't Think The General Public Could Tell Any Difference, And Do You Really Want To Wear BA For That?  It Was A Show Of What We Can Do, Thats Why Alot Of Things Were Not Done As Per SOP.  It Might Take Too Long For People With BA & Gas Suits To Get Out Of The Truck.  Remember I Don't Think Burnside Roll With Hazmat Already Dressed Standing In The Back Of The Truck.  It Was Funny To Watch The DVD Afterwards & Look At What Would Have Been Done If It Was A Real Iccident.

Toast

Well, I almost had a bloke collapse in front of me due to it, so....

rescue5271

You must have done BFF1,level 2 or 3,RCR and any specailist course that the CFS offer.clean PPE,be able to attend 4 training session in AUGUST and be able to do 3 shifts at the show...

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Don't Think The General Public Could Tell Any Difference, And Do You Really Want To Wear BA For That?  It Was A Show Of What We Can Do, Thats Why Alot Of Things Were Not Done As Per SOP.  It Might Take Too Long For People With BA & Gas Suits To Get Out Of The Truck.  Remember I Don't Think Burnside Roll With Hazmat Already Dressed Standing In The Back Of The Truck.  It Was Funny To Watch The DVD Afterwards & Look At What Would Have Been Done If It Was A Real Iccident.

you're a big fan of capital letters aren't you...
PS. where do you get the DVD from?

rescue5271

If you ask nicely to the media unit they may be able to help you :roll:

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
you're a big fan of capital letters aren't you...
PS. where do you get the DVD from?

Yeah There Is A Story About The Capital Letters.

As For The DVD They Were Given Out To The Members Who Attending The Show Display.  You Might Be Able To Request A Copy From The Media Unit.

And For Those That Have Been Waiting For The News Here It Is.  Its Show Time Again So Start Registering.

2006 Royal Adelaide Show - Expression of Interest
« Last Edit: July 07, 2006, 05:44:19 PM by CyberCitizen »

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Yeah There Is A Story About The Capital Letters.
Whats the story, if you don't mind me asking...?
Cheers for the link BTW

Toast

He likes making my eyes bleed?