Author Topic: new trucks  (Read 19189 times)

Offline Katrina

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
new trucks
« on: August 27, 2008, 09:07:20 PM »
I hear that Penola and some other stations in Wattle Range might be getting some new trucks (or are they getting new second hand ones???) who else is getting new trucks around the place or is it like shuffling a deck of cards and only 1 station getting a new truck and then we just move the rest around?
Katrina
Wattle Range
(Davi)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: new trucks
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 09:12:25 PM »
I hear that Penola and some other stations in Wattle Range might be getting some new trucks (or are they getting new second hand ones???) who else is getting new trucks around the place or is it like shuffling a deck of cards and only 1 station getting a new truck and then we just move the rest around?

You catch on fast :lol:
Images are copyright

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:13:08 PM »
lol new trucks i heard varley are takin an eternity to build trucks...very good yes but slow. apparantly there up to thirty appliances behind schedule but still guarantee to fill their contract by june next year when Moore get new contract...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 09:24:31 PM »
several varley 34s are already in sa. Not long till there released to brigades now. ive heard weeks not months.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 09:55:41 PM »
And yet again, its not the Brigades that need the new trucks that get 'em...

:(
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 10:02:05 PM »
several varley 34s are already in sa. Not long till there released to brigades now. ive heard weeks not months.

There are 3 running around at present still doing tests on them and showing them off.

Here is the cleanest one
Images are copyright

Offline Katrina

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 10:09:41 PM »
Got told Penola gets there's within the fortnight, I knew things had been put in pipeline but was starting to think was actually dreaming and that it would never actually happen
Katrina
Wattle Range
(Davi)

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 10:42:07 PM »
gee that bad batch penola got one from has really stuffed things.

i  am going to ask again has anyone heard about the 34ps?

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 11:23:51 PM »
dont think theyve been started, till they complete the 34 order.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 11:24:45 PM »
gee that bad batch penola got one from has really stuffed things.

I am going to ask again has anyone heard about the 34ps?

Varley are building the next batch of 34P's and Moore's the 34's on Isuzu Cab Chassis
Images are copyright

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 08:55:03 AM »
08:15:46   28-08-08   WRGP: New Penola 34 arriving at 5.30pm on Sept 9th. All members please attend for familiarisation & bbq to follow. Thanks, John. 28/08/2008 8:16:02 CFS Penola Info

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 11:57:03 AM »
Sa fiery I mean the 34ps in the 07/08 financial year  budget that should be hear about now?

not the recent order

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 05:14:20 PM »
they should be ready with the normal 34's.

Varley Qld was building them so they wouldnt have to wait for the 34's to finish.  If the 34's are about the be delievered im sure we will hear about the P's shortly.
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 05:30:55 PM »
Does anyone know exactly how many 34's and 34P's are actually being made. Asking cause i've heard of about 20 different brgades laying claim to a 34P but heard there's only about 8? being produced. Those in the know please feel free to enlightnen me.
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »
4  4xBA set  34's
6  2xBA set  34's
10 34P's

rescue5271

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 07:59:02 PM »
So Katrina where is the old 34 going to?? I did hear it was going to the lower south east then i did hea that the group wanted to send it to a briagde whos applianc is due for the tip....Make sure you get some nice happy photo's.. I would come along and take them but yet again i will be in Adelaide...

Offline Katrina

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 08:17:42 PM »
Is it just being shifted around within our area, doing the old shuffle maybe??
Katrina
Wattle Range
(Davi)

Offline littlejohn

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 08:41:18 PM »
So Katrina where is the old 34 going to??

The group would like to pass it on to Maaoupe, but no doubt its new home will be at the whim of someone in I&L.

The departing truck is a hazmat unit. There seems to be some question as to whether the new one will have room for forestry gear & hazmat too. We might have to invest in a couple of plastic tubs for the hazmat gear, and remember to grab them for the bi-annual hazmat jobs!

There's nothing wrong with the present truck - it's a good appliance, so it's a wonderful luxury to be getting a new one. It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2008, 09:32:14 PM »
and remember to grab them for the bi-annual hazmat jobs!

Now your gonna get numerous hazmats for saying that...murphys law...Dont worry, i said the same thing and well...i ended up kicking myself.

rescue5271

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 06:51:25 AM »
I Understand that Glencoe will also be getting a new 34 before summer may be someone in your group can confirm this?? You may have to invest in a hazmat trailer as there is not much room on the new 34 as its a rural appliance....

pumprescue

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 08:13:27 AM »
There is no room on the older 34's either !!

This is all happening to let them fix the dodgy 34's and those that have them are getting new one's, its not really a rotation program as I hardly think Penola and Glencoe are what you would call busy brigades. Once they get these one would assume they will have them for life.

The 34P's have been built, they were done by Varleys NSW factory, but after the farce with the Mills Tui 34P's wouldn't you want to make sure they are 100% before dishing them out !!

You will notice the 08/09 are ready to start production, all the new cab/chassis are being shipped in as we speak, just look at Isuzu's yard.

The 34's will be Moores again, the 34P's are Varley NSW again and they should be able to just carry on building.

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 09:30:29 AM »
yeah i guess making them 100% is a good move. But it would be nice to hear something or see some pics.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 11:34:37 AM »
so is it just the brigades that do a huge amount of incidents a year that deserve a new appliance. isnt it right to theink that every brigade should have the right to the best appliance to protect their community. i know we are only a couple of years away from ours being 20 years old and we never get in to double figures for incidents. but ill be puttin my hand up for a new truck.

pumprescue

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 11:59:55 AM »
Its called managing your fleet !!

Look at an interstate trucking company, do they put their brand new trucks on local, no. They gradually donwgrade the trucks onot intrastate , then local then sell them.

A fire service is no different. A brand new truck sitting in a less than 10 call a year brigade isn't managing your fleet. A 5-10 year old truck that is in perfect working order will do fine for those 10 calls, and that truck will have been worn in and perhaps have the bugs worked out. Gone are the days of councils buying new trucks every 20 years, and look at it this way, I doubt many people will keep a truck for 20 years anymore, they might get it when its 10 and keep it until its 20, and those that might be doing 250 calls a year plus might only keep a truck 5 years (ok morphett vale excepted).

You have to look at it from the big picture, which I myself probably don't do enough. This way we can try and keep on top of a rapidly aging fleet and get the best value for the large capital outlay.

There are some areas that pull the old political line and get their local polly to get them a new truck.....I have seen it happen.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 12:57:35 PM »
It seems 5-7 years for all pumper/24P/34P appliances to be moved along...so even the Type 2's will eventually move along down the chain.

But i asked a random, whats a type 2 pumper..."eh, whats that?...all i know is 14,24,34,24P,34P...must be a collectors edition truck!"