Author Topic: "Scorched"  (Read 6038 times)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
"Scorched"
« on: August 30, 2008, 03:04:30 PM »
Just a reminder to everyone about the new film on Channel 9 "Scorched" at 20:30 hrs Sunday 31st August 2008

Starring Georgie Parker,Vince Colossimo,Rachel Carpani, Cameron Daddo

Based in the year 2012 in Sydney in what will be one of Australia's worst drought years.

After 240 days without rain, the city has only two weeks water left. When the city is then ringed by severe bushfires, the question becomes, how do you fight fire when you have no water?

The Scorched online world consists of a number of websites that all relate to the events of the tele-movie and online drama. The homepage of www.scorched.tv is CPN (Cross Platform News), a fictional news network from 2012 which is featured in the telemovie. Through the CPN site, users can view the exciting online drama prequel and sequel, catch the latest breaking news from 2012 and engage with 'in story' user generated content.

NSW Rural Fire Service(aka National Fire Service) are featured and by the previews looks pretty good.

It will also be available on DVD.http://www.scorched.tv/
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 03:10:57 PM by SA Firey »
Images are copyright

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: "Scorched"
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:51:41 AM »
Im still undecided as to whether this looks like its going to be any good or not... will have to watch tonight and find out i spose.

Hopefully not the typical bullshit.

rescue5271

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 08:01:31 AM »
God, I wish we had channel nine down here,some really good AUSSIE TV shows coming up and we would also get to see Mr RAGGY each night....

Knackers

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 10:07:02 PM »
lots and lots of adverts.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 11:24:45 PM »
overall i think it was good,  some highly dramatised events,  but its a great attempt at it.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 07:36:16 PM »
I looked at the website this arvo and it seems theres alot of episodes or was it just condensed into the one film  :|
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 11:19:15 AM »
It seems so Bert.  Might just have to wait and see for the DVD to come out soon.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 11:40:36 AM »
If it comes out as a DVD before christmas it will make a good christmas present to give to dad cause he loves watching dvds  :-)
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 11:41:42 AM »
Im sure he does :)

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 01:14:16 PM »
have to admit all the tv publicity about it, i thought it was gonna be some new series... not just a two hour flick?

what a let down ;)

was still semi-interesting to watch, although im not sure why the "national fire service" was only focusing on NSW.......??

Offline calspec

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 01:25:01 PM »
Probably just "Yankafied", to appeal to the overseas markets.  Something like NSWRFS just wouldn't mean anything to foreigners.

Similar to the movie The Castle (IIRC), had to remove references to Torana's, Camira's, Valiants etc in the US release, as the Yank's wouldn't understand it.

Another possibility, maybe the producers were attempting to suggest that a "future" could realise a combined national rural firefighting service.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 01:28:00 PM by calspec »

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 01:32:48 AM »
If it comes out as a DVD before christmas it will make a good christmas present to give to dad cause he loves watching dvds  :-)

DVD is due out 5th November and will be available at all retail outlets...so Rob off you go to KMart or Big W :-D
Images are copyright

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2008, 11:58:41 AM »
Watched it when I was in Brisbane last week thought it was great - never thought of Miss Parker as being a bad one though!
I will be looking for the DVD when it comes out., thought it was that good
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 09:05:54 PM »
Had me scratching my head - the ending was hanging like it is the pilot for a series, but no follow-up advertising...

Looking over the website, it looks like the website IS the Big Thing - heaps of mini-episodes taken from a whole bunch of different characters' points of view. Interaction options, etc, etc.  Looks like a "welcome to web TV" production.
Also wondering how they are making their money - all the ads on the site are for the fictitious companies in the programme.

Most odd to this cynical old fart...

Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.

uniden

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2008, 04:04:22 PM »
The National Fire Service name was used as the NSW RFS and NSWFB both withdrew/refused  their support due to some issues. Other government agencies did the same.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2008, 04:34:07 PM »
[quote/]Had me scratching my head - the ending was hanging like it is the pilot for a series, but no follow-up advertising...

Alan if you subscribe to the website you will recieve the latest by email amd yes there will be other episode/s :wink:
Images are copyright

anything