Author Topic: Calling all former Unley St John members  (Read 3621 times)

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Calling all former Unley St John members
« on: September 06, 2008, 01:01:36 AM »
Hi all,

I am trying to locate any former members of the Unley St John, prior to 1991.

There is a move to organise a reunion.    :-D

For any interested members, there is a website at

http://www.unleyambulance.com/

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all former Unley St John members
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 09:07:18 AM »
That would be me, and I will pass this on to some other former members as well :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 01:41:42 PM »
My father-in-law wanted to see a St John's reunion, but unfortunately he died 2 years ago.

I believe he was part of the Unley area crew approximately 40+ years ago. I understand he was part of a motorcycle patrol, but not absolutely sure.

We have his original metal first box and a first aid manual dated 1979. We also have his red Rescue manual dated 1975 when he was a SES volunteer.

Any information of photographs would be appreciated so that my wife can 'fill in some blanks on her Dad's past'. He was a quiet person who did not talk about some times.

Thanks,
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 02:28:11 PM »
The organisers are keen to have info about members - even if they are no longer with us......

Those on the website (and associated forum) wold be happy to help out with info, if they can...

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline KDOO_BTO

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2008, 06:10:39 PM »
That would be me, and I will pass this on to some other former members as well :wink:

Nice to see the SE isn't the only area in SA with a strong connection between St John and CFS with members wearing both hats
No ute No circle work

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 04:37:25 PM »

Nice to see the SE isn't the only area in SA with a strong connection between St John and CFS with members wearing both hats

It's what we do for our community, and saving lives is one of them.One of our former members is now a RM in the SE.
Images are copyright

anything