Author Topic: 3rd alarm Hazmat, Salisbury 15/09/08  (Read 36811 times)

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd alarm Hazmat, Salisbury 15/09/08
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2008, 09:15:04 PM »
sorry i correct my self its in the north west in the aboriginal lands
Might want to re-correct yourself its about 70k from Broken Hill just over the SA border.

has it gone back up there or are we got our wires crossed with what we are talking about?

You were correct the first time mate, Cockburn is a small town north east of Adelaide. On the NSW/SA border.

yup we all got our wires crossed...the actual cockburn 24 truck i was talking about lol..it got bought dow to R4 headquarters some work done on it and last i heard was going out north west somewhere in the aboriginal lands.

misterteddy

Re: 3rd alarm Hazmat, Salisbury 15/09/08
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2008, 09:46:21 AM »
I am surprised more retained aren't used for COQ, Kapunda and Tanunda aren't that far away. Considering Nuri went to the Hazmat.

Unlikely to happen without a very alturistic Incident Controller or Comms Superviser. If you think the CFS get a raw deal from our salaried brothers (which apart from one particular bug bear I don't necessarily believe we do), then spare a thought for the retained guys......they are most definitely the poor relations in the MFS, treated badly, equipped poorly, and really are regarded like a separate fire service within.