Author Topic: pager system  (Read 16894 times)

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: pager system
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2008, 12:43:47 PM »
Grumpy Cam the moderator please note "---" instead of real letters were used, okay :wink:

I'm going to be a spelling nazi, and point out that that if each hyphen was supposed to replace a letter, you spelt the word wrong. ;)  ...unless of course your neighbour has a very talented donkey.

---- me, I hate it when I get that wrong!  :-D
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2008, 04:00:52 PM »
Fair call Misterteddy :wink: hope you didn't hurt yourself too much!
And everyone is entitled to their opinion - just the "tree" comment is what triggered that response.
And no - never been a fire fighter in your neck of the woods, only a member of a rescue unit & the manager of another.
So based on that experience, I made the original comment. And I know of plenty of other stations/ brigades/ units that don't trawl thru the paging site, trying to mine information before, during or after an incident.
So ok suddenly that info is gone, sad to some (including those with scanners), will it make a difference? Can't really see how, except in the areas you mentioned previously & if brigades & units are putting in complaints (not sure if the info obtained could actually be used officially to support such complaints anyway). Finally with the Gordon & Slaters of this world always looking for some new customers, I think SAAS is very wise taking that info out of the public domain.
Sorry if I came across a bit agressively in my previous post.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2008, 07:48:26 PM »
Maybe I missed something, but wasn't one of the original posts in this thread stating that the SAAS pager messages are still freely available on http://sagrn1.accessdigital.com.au:8000/public.html just use that one if you want SAAS stuff.

And if that one crashes it really is not that hard to setup PDW on your own pc at home.

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2008, 05:55:40 PM »
Is it just mine or is the paging system down? My latest message was at 00:57 (last night)
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2008, 07:09:33 PM »
the paging system down? lol...nah just one of the paging scanners

Offline straps

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2008, 05:39:04 AM »
I would be keen to set up my own pdw at home.

Can someone point me in the right direction to understand things better, also what I need and how to do it..???

(I have been to this website - http://www.gsm-antennes.nl/PDW/pdw.php?lang=eng and downloaded version 2.52 but now have NO IDEA what to do..??)

Cheers
Straps

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2008, 04:17:23 PM »
Try

http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~mattb/scan/scanner.htm

I presume you have an old scanner...?

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline straps

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2008, 06:02:45 PM »
Thanks Pip, but nope no scanner... I figured I would look a tool asking before figuring out that I need some way to 'receive' the signal etc..

Oh well, back to relying upon others..!!!

Cheers
Straps