Author Topic: house fire  (Read 54965 times)

ltdan

Re: house fire
« Reply #100 on: October 16, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »
I was under the understanding that Piccadilly did not want to respond to the

When it comes down to it, when Stirling and Aldgate both have a bad day with crewing, The Stirling-Tunnels section of the freeway is Piccadilly's area.

Piccadilly's response for the freeway is that we go if the pager goes and don;t if it doesn't. Sometimes we get the gig and other times it is Aldgate and know one knows why. :-D

From my understanding with the group response plan and I can be corrected if I am wrong is that Aldgate are responded to the freeway to assist Stirling in "Rescue Operations"  as R1 approved the SFEC variation for Aldgate to do RCR with Rapid Intervention.  This variation was approved a long time prior to me joining this group from region 3.

I have mixed feelings about this also but if it has been approved well then it is approved. 

Got an example !!

Ok, Capt. Crankypants, have a look at nearly *ANY* of Mt. Lofty groups working structure fires over the past few years. A large number of them have turned into a truck parking lot on the road outside the fire. This is usually only caused by Brigades self responding every truck they can, when there is no need to.

No need to go blowing up about it, I'm not having a go at anyone, just trying to suggest to people that we can do things better and in a more professional manner. Next time you go to that MVA up the road with your 12, does the 24 really need to come to?

I do agree with you, for a person who came from a different region who is trying to grasp why we need 8 appliances to attend a tree fire on a cold wet night is crazy.  But trying to argue the point with the group which I have done has not caused change.

The biggest problem in this group is "EGO".  So from this I can't control what the group does but can only control what my brigade does.

Any yes a 2 MVA in Upper Sturt if available both my appliances will be responded from my brigade , don't know for you but for a 2 lane road which travels 8563 cars over it daily seems to me to be a big risk.  Especially when one SAPOL car with 1 officer will be on scene and ask for assistance in Traffic Control as he is the only patrol on in the area.

[EDIT: Fixed quoting]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 02:05:55 PM by CFS_Firey »

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 16, 2008, 10:18:01 AM »
Any yes a 2 MVA in Upper Sturt if available both my appliances will be responded from my brigade , don't know for you but for a 2 lane road which travels 8563 cars over it daily seems to me to be a big risk.  Especially when one SAPOL car with 1 officer will be on scene and ask for assistance in Traffic Control as he is the only patrol on in the area.

Yep!  3 Appliances (2 Fire, 1 Rescue) is sufficient for a Road Crash and isnt overkill in areas outside of Metropolitan Adelaide.  Its nearly the most appropriate thing to do.  As explained, the difference between Metro and country is SAPOL resourcing.

Glad we're starting to read the same page of the book :)

The biggest problem in this group is "EGO".  So from this I can't control what the group does but can only control what my brigade does.

theres always going to be a element of ego around the place, everywhere....its hard to fight, but as long as you stand up for what you think is right when you think its a rediculous situation..your right and there wrong.

Group system is scheiße....its a Administrative system, not a Response system.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:21:01 AM by Zippy »

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 16, 2008, 10:21:56 AM »
You go if the pager goes, and you don't if it doesn't?... - Guess thats a good thing..

Unlike various other brigades all around the state, who respond to calls even if they haven't been called.....!

Pip

Isn't that what this thread has turned into? (And im referring to its early stages, not the latter)..
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:26:10 AM by RescueHazmat »

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2008, 01:38:02 PM »
Just as we say that Lofty group send 97 appliances to a burnoff out of control.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2008, 02:41:28 PM »
Just as we say that Lofty group send 97 appliances to a burnoff out of control.

Remove the 9 and you'd be more accurate.

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2008, 09:36:40 PM »
When it could be done by 4 brigades. or with the ones that aren't in lofty group but are closer.

EDIT: put in the correct language
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 10:21:24 PM by bittenyakka »

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2008, 09:55:47 PM »
when it could be done my 4 or the ones that aren't in lofty group but are closer
Keh? speaka englies?

To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2008, 07:06:22 AM »
When it could be done by 4 brigades. or with the ones that aren't in lofty group but are closer.

EDIT: put in the correct language

Since we obviously decided to talk about specific examples... id love to know which brigades are closer to wilpena tce, aldgate, than aldgate, stirling & bridgewater who attended...

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2008, 08:20:35 AM »
Yeh that job was fine, i am making a general comment about quiet a few jobs over the past couple of years.

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2008, 08:29:14 AM »
if were being general then mate... then yep, im constantly frustrated.

the world can be burning down just over the other side of the hill... but nope. thats another groups area, they empty all there stations before they'll call us ;)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2008, 06:21:57 PM »
Yeh that job was fine, i am making a general comment about quiet a few jobs over the past couple of years.

Don't forget, its not just about who is close, but who is close and competent!

;)

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2008, 09:26:23 PM »

;)

Lofty group :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2008, 10:31:16 PM »
Lofty group :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

As much as it would be great to only turn out SAMFS from 20 and SACFS from Mt. Barker for everything in the hills, it just can't be so!

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2008, 04:57:46 AM »
if were being general then mate... then yep, im constantly frustrated.

the world can be burning down just over the other side of the hill... but nope. thats another groups area, they empty all there stations before they'll call us ;)

Can't be many group boundary brigades who don't have that particular gripe...
Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2008, 09:18:48 AM »

;)

Often competency comes with practice, and it's a bit hard to practice when you're not called.  Catch 22 anyone?

ltdan

« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2008, 11:53:41 AM »

;)

Often competency comes with practice, and it's a bit hard to practice when you're not called.  Catch 22 anyone?

Exactly !!

anything