Author Topic: Black Hill Injury  (Read 4695 times)

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
Black Hill Injury
« on: January 03, 2005, 10:08:29 AM »
I hope the firefighter mentioned in this article is recovering well and wish her all the best. Also best wishes to Camo, hope he's on the mend.

From: http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200501/s1275577.htm

>>Hectares of conservation park burnt in scrub fire
Homes at Athelstone in Adelaide's north-east have escaped damage from a scrub fire in the Black Hill Conservation Park.

Firefighters were alerted to the blaze around 4.30am ACST today.

Scrub alongside Gorge Road at Athelstone was burning and being fanned by a stiff breeze.

About 80 Country Fire Service (CFS) volunteers fought the blaze, which burned more than 20 hectares of the conservation park.

At first light, water bombers were sent into the air, helping to bring the remaining pockets of the blaze under control.

A female firefighter was injured during the blaze and is receiving medical treatment after hurting her shoulder.

Police have blocked Gorge Road between Kirkview and Corkscrew Roads while CFS crews continue to mop-up.

The road is expected to remain closed at least until midday.>>
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

Offline lynneeime

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Black Hill Injury
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 05:44:15 PM »
I hope the female firefighter is okay?  Hopefully the damage to the shoulder is not too serious. :(
Lynne Eime
Salisbury Firefighter
My views only.

rescue5271

blackhill fire
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 06:56:58 PM »
One would hope that the two members that where hurt in fires over the past few days are well or on the road to recovery,it just goes to show that our job is sometimes filled with danger from things that roll in the dark?
Get well soon guys and take care for the rest of summer.

anything