General Discussion > Fire Fighter Training

Training Hazmat Operators in non-hazmat brigades

(1/6) > >>

OMGWTF:

--- Quote from: mattb on October 08, 2008, 07:51:30 PM ---
--- Quote ---We wear to everything except rural and hazmat
--- End quote ---

You might want to check that Jeff, I was at the meeting where it was explained by the Group Officer and the rules are no rural fires and not to wear it at a Hazmat if you are going to be wearing an encapsulated suit.

You would wear it to a Hazmat initially as it the only thing we have that gives you complete level 3 protection, however if you are going to wear a suit then it comes off.

--- End quote ---

Wouldnt have thought it would be a problem in Mawson group full stop as there are no HAZMAT brigades?

Zippy:
ah there may be Hazmat operators tho ;)  They could respond with the nearest Hazmat Brigade, not sure about MFS hazmats tho.

49194:

--- Quote from: Zippy on October 09, 2008, 04:53:43 PM ---ah there may be Hazmat operators tho ;)  They could respond with the nearest Hazmat Brigade, not sure about MFS hazmats tho.

--- End quote ---

& that there are.. ;)

Not to mention the reduced Hazmat responses, or responses that turn into Hazmats once onscene.

Zippy:
Yeah similar case with my brigade, we got someone from another group who trains every 4 months with us...but also the rest of my group have several operators which support us crew a hazmat, certain is the only rare occasions where private cars are used to drive to incidents.

mattb:

--- Quote ---ah there may be Hazmat operators tho   They could respond with the nearest Hazmat Brigade, not sure about MFS hazmats tho.
--- End quote ---

And there is about to be a few more in this category in our Group  :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version