General Discussion > Fire Fighter Training

RCR - Car Prep.

(1/4) > >>

Pixie:
so what do you guys do to prepare your cut up vehicles for brigade level RCR training?

I am thinking of trying to get the place that supplies our cars to simulate a roll over, with entrapment due to compression of roof. by placing some dummies in car, then getting them to crush the car with their giant hydraulic press until the roof is almost level with the top of the doors.

rescue5271:
Why use dummies yes members to do this as long as you leave enough room to get them inside... While I was in Naracoorte we always tryed to make the car prep as real as possable and only the rescue officer and some members would know what was going to go on.You can run it as a job or you can run it as a hands on training session....

Zippy:
Haha, seems to be the month for RCR mock incidents...few in my brigade are organising a 'RCR Fire' group excersize for a upcoming training night.

Here's a tip, ensure the first appliance to respond to the mock incident has NO Facts except a pager message and keep it very vauge.

Mock incidents seem to help get those brains working!

OMGWTF:
Bills got it, i can think of a few firies i wouldnt ming putting in a hydraulic press.... hmmmmm   :roll:

By the way, why bother letting the rescue officer know what the go is? Surely the idea should be to keep everyone in the dark until arrival as per a real incident. Just a vague pager message ;)

K55:
The rescue brigade in my group have a Fork lift with several attachments as well as props eg: water barriers, poles, powerline, crates and a mock stobie. Theres an abundance of scenarios that can be created.

We have done plenty of combined drills/scenarios with good results

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version