Author Topic: Aldinga MFS  (Read 10039 times)

Offline Seagrave

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Aldinga MFS
« on: October 16, 2008, 05:23:54 PM »
Hey all!

I heard a rumour from a very reliable source that SAMFS have or are looking at purchasing land and building a station at Aldinga Beach? It makes sense with all the development and infrastructure down south. Can any forum/Kyeema/Aldinga Beach members shed any light on the subject?

Cheers

uniden

Re: Aldinga MFS
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 05:32:52 PM »
MFS already have land at Aldinga. If the state government decides they want an MFS station there, it can be built before all the land is gone.

Offline Seagrave

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 05:36:11 PM »
Is Aldinga part of the Top 12? I dare say if MFS already have the land, there will be a station and a pump there in the near future...

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 06:51:10 PM »
Is Aldinga part of the Top 12? I dare say if MFS already have the land, there will be a station and a pump there in the near future...
MFS (Safecom) own land in lots of places, doesnt mean a station will be going in there anytime soon. If they owned land at Ki Ki would you say a station is going in there as well?
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 07:36:42 PM »
Due to the nature of Fire stations - large and usually down town/on a main road - the land needs to be purchased well in advance in fast growing towns as to reserve these places for possible future development.

Although im probably just stating the obvious!
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 08:03:29 PM »
I heard that SAFECOM were looking at opening up a series of cafes and restaurants, perhaps that is why they have purchased certain plots of land?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 08:50:11 PM »
i hear the same numbers!...is all about revenue raising!

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 09:01:50 PM »
If they run a restaurant like they run everything else it should be a quick enterprise :-D
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2008, 10:05:50 PM »
Fasta-Pasta

Offline Heavy Rescue

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2008, 10:17:47 PM »
The land was purchased from the Land Management Corp. last year, it is on Quinliven road from memory. I think I have a copy of some paperwork around the place about it.

Yes Aldinga is on the list, once Seaford is up and running I think Aldinga is going to be next, it's no surprise really with the amount of housing going in up there.

It would be interesting to see if the CFS remain rescue down there once that happens.

pumprescue

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 06:40:15 AM »
Like has been stated there is land everywhere owned by SAFECOM/SAMFS.  I am sure one day in the future there will probably be a station at Aldinga, but not this week.

As for Rescue, I am sure it won't be long before Seaford are a 9, if not a 9 from word go, so yeah. Doesn't meant Aldinga won't be rescue, they just may not come north anymore. WHO REALLY KNOW'S

Offline Fire_Rescue96

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2008, 09:08:29 PM »
Hey guys,

Im from Aldinga. I remember hearing ages ago that SAFECOM have land down here but I don't think they will be building a MFS station down here in any real hurry. W don't have the problems with day crew that Seaford have had recently. As for rescue I cant see them taking rescue from us, but who knows. We can only hope they don't.
But at the moment sometimes I wonder if they want us to go north anymore at all, there was a job friday morning on Pedler Creek Bridge on south rd and they didn't call us. We weren't fussed but when Seaford defaulted they responded Morphett Vale instead of McLaren Vale or even us. Its a bit of a wonder what boundries they are using in the comms centre
When I am called to duty, God wherever flames may rage, Give me strength to save a life, whatever be its age.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2008, 09:26:36 PM »
Im from Aldinga. I remember hearing ages ago that SAFECOM have land down here but I don't think they will be building a MFS station down here in any real hurry. W don't have the problems with day crew that Seaford have had recently.

Nothing to do with crewing, all about risk in area...
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Darren

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2008, 11:21:38 PM »
Hey guys,

Im from Aldinga. I remember hearing ages ago that SAFECOM have land down here but I don't think they will be building a MFS station down here in any real hurry. W don't have the problems with day crew that Seaford have had recently. As for rescue I cant see them taking rescue from us, but who knows. We can only hope they don't.
But at the moment sometimes I wonder if they want us to go north anymore at all, there was a job friday morning on Pedler Creek Bridge on south rd and they didn't call us. We weren't fussed but when Seaford defaulted they responded Morphett Vale instead of McLaren Vale or even us. Its a bit of a wonder what boundries they are using in the comms centre

Nothing to do with us, we just respond who we are told to.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 11:55:15 PM »
Ahuh.. Land alllll over the place..

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2008, 07:48:01 AM »
Hey guys,

Nothing to do with us, we just respond who we are told to.

Sure Darren, PEOPLE its all part of a "conspiracy" by incumbent governments, to place adequate resources in growing risk areas.
Let this be a warning to you incumbent's were watching, HUH before you know it, they will tell us that placing hospitals in growing areas is a good thing, luckily were wise to them!!
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline Seagrave

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 05:25:54 PM »
I also heard at the same time that the Mfs are wanting to go well into cfs area for rescue, like 10 minutes. All to do with Mfs looking at the CAD maps and realising where they can get to in the same time as CFS.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 06:01:29 PM »
I also heard at the same time that the Mfs are wanting to go well into cfs area for rescue, like 10 minutes. All to do with Mfs looking at the CAD maps and realising where they can get to in the same time as CFS.

Aldinga Beach will probably stay RCR for a loooong time yet, since 9'ner appliances get called to anything, they are unavailable for rescues when already at a job till made available....

what happens when 2 MVA's happen in the same suburb EG Maslins ;)   1 might end up being a rescue, while the other just a injuries/spill...

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 11:24:12 PM »
People hear alot of things.. Half of which are true, and out of that, you might have half that actually happen.. Like the old saying.. 'Seeing is believing' ..

« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 11:26:39 PM by RescueHazmat »

Offline Seagrave

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 12:24:10 PM »

Aldinga Beach will probably stay RCR for a loooong time yet, since 9'ner appliances get called to anything, they are unavailable for rescues when already at a job till made available....

what happens when 2 MVA's happen in the same suburb EG Maslins ;)   1 might end up being a rescue, while the other just a injuries/spill...

What if the same thing happens in Mt Barker? or anywhere, at least if a rescue leaves MFS area they send a COQ.