Poll

Monthly Calls - Do we need a monthly calls area?

YES
5 (35.7%)
No
8 (57.1%)
Maybe - See my idea below
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: monthly calls  (Read 3938 times)

corocfs

monthly calls
« on: August 01, 2005, 04:28:28 PM »
perhaps we can start a new forum that has brigade monthly calls??

structured as:

safirefighter.com / General Discussion / Monthly Brigade Stats

inside the "Monthly Brigade Stats"
topic threads would be labelled "july/2005" or "june/2005"

and brigades could post brigade name, number/and type of calls and any info od significant ones...

any ideas.??..??
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 12:58:12 PM by Firefrog »

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: monthly calls
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 04:56:03 PM »
maybe only number of calls per brigade, might get a bit long winded if you go to say 25-30 in a month. Maybe highlight some of the more interesting ones?
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

corocfs

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2005, 06:48:45 PM »
sounds good...
was just imaginng, a new forum bit, then have the months inside, and everyone posts in the appropriate one at the END of the month...

with, yeh ,interesting calls included.

corocfs

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 09:45:43 AM »
ill take it this idea has been disregarded, with no in-put or discussion from forum moderators.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 11:32:22 AM »
Sincere apologies - Been frantic lately. :-o
With the server upgrade and all the fixes we have done on the site we hadn't considered this yet.

Over the next few days we will either create the area for you or let you know otherwise.

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 07:16:35 PM »
OK, if you want input?? I was silent because the idea really didn't grab me but would be happy to hear others thoughts.

Only because I think the Incident Operations section serves the purpose and I'm personally only interested in hearing about specific jobs, not in July 2005 ABC Brigade did 10 fixed alarms, 8 wheelie bin fires, 7 stop calls and 2 MVA's :-) This may interest other list members though, so let us know what you think!
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2005, 12:55:21 PM »
Good Idea Kat - if you want this feature then vote in the poll above.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2005, 05:24:56 PM »
I think its a good idea...
While the incident operations section gives us an opportunity to talk about specific incidents, its interesting to see how other brigades are doing, and whether they are experiencing the same trends as you are.
Also, the threads started re: incident stats have all ended up completely off topic...

strikeathird

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 09:03:23 PM »
I think use the Inc. Operations section to give info on your bigger jobs if you wish.

I would be s*** bored reading about how many of this and that, people went to.  I can go to the promo site to find that out.

But , by all means, share about thos emore unique, or "larger" scale/more interesting jobs.

Offline CFS_fire32

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2005, 02:51:16 PM »
...I think the Incident Operations section serves the purpose and I'm personally only interested in hearing about specific jobs, not in July 2005 ABC Brigade did 10 fixed alarms, 8 wheelie bin fires, 7 stop calls and 2 MVA's :-) This may interest other list members though, so let us know what you think!

Quite right! I would like to hear about the more interesting call-outs, rather than know about the 20 fixed alarms your brigade attended in one month.  I also feel it puts too much emphasis on call quantities rather than call qualities.

anything