Author Topic: Burnside Responding into East Torrens Group  (Read 27353 times)

Offline KDOO_BTO

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: Burnside Responding into East Torrens Group
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2008, 05:07:25 PM »
I dont know why this is an issue as apart from a predetermined Rally response, RCR is defined by the RCRD Green Book.

With two RCR brigades attending, if you were the one trapped in the vehicle you would'nt care who showed up to cut you out :wink:
Don't bet on it. I don't mean to be racist but if I crashed south of home in another groups area I'd be asking for either Penola or Millicent to be responded not a certain other emergency service
No ute No circle work

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2008, 06:30:12 PM »
And there are other areas where the I would prefer that the responsible ESO doesn't bother leaving the shed.
It goes back to what Numbers said(and was howled down for) in another thread, Trained & Professional, no volunteer ESO can currently guarantee this 24/7 out of every brigade or unit in the state. Quite simply there are pockets of excellence, large areas of meets minimum requirement - just & some who are very scary!
And yet when some thing is said the unit/ brigade, group or service puts up the walls, buries the collective head in the sand & the vollies attack the source of criticism (if you dont believe me - have a look at this forum for example).
A common solution is give everything to CFS - sorry guys but I have seen various brigades in action, and some are challenged putting out a simple fire.
People when it suits refer to the green book, yet it is largly ignored in a whole range of areas, by a whole range of people.
People say SACAD will sought it out, again sorry but currently a lot of the cracks are covered by "insider knowledge" so a lot of the poor performance does not happen because better brigades/ units are responded to certain jobs despite protests by the "closest resource".
And when it all goes pearshaped the collective volunteer finger is pointed at various payed staff & the organisation/government, with the comment of after all we are volunteers. SA is not unique in having this problem, but just wont admit it! Instead more money please as this will solve everything!
And if you think what I'm say is bs then every post on this site should be positive and supportive & Master of Disaster should never had started this thread as he would have already been told about the response plan by his captain :wink: Think about!
Ken
just another retard!

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2008, 10:49:42 PM »
Back on track people,.....now where were we, that's right we weren't sure whether we were bagging Burnside or Race control, or whether it was all just a big tadoo about nothing and the victim was extricated quickly and effectively :-D
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2008, 12:52:46 PM »
"Why isn't MY Brigade rescue and hazmat and USAR and Confined space and vert rescue and and and and..."

I think THATS where we were...
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Daniel Norris

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2008, 11:59:03 AM »
Alright I'm annoyed for 2 reasons, firstly you sound like a bunch of bickering children and secondly because this is what I believe is a misuse of a forum.

Point 1: As I see it you are annoyed because you aren't responding to things that you believe you should, well listen up princess DEAL WITH IT! Someone else decides who responds to incidents for specific reasons that might not be apparent to you. I personally don't care if Kangaroo Island or the CFA in Victoria respond to something on my stations doorstep as long as:
(a)   Everyone goes home safely.
(b)   There is minimum property damage.
(c)   There is minimum environmental damage.
(d)   The job is done nice and easily, quickly and a good job is done.

Point 2: Because of what I believe this topic is about (see point 1) I believe it to be a misused forum, I am fairly sure the idea of a forum is to have a place to write what you think about certain things. For this forum topics such as what do you think about the new 34P or how could we modify the crew deck to make it more effective would be appropriate not things like this stuff about who is responding to things they shouldn't.

A forum should be a productive place to share ideas about what you think about things in a productive manner or to post a questions on how things could be done, example "what drills do the brigades do for a running grass fire" this can than give all the brigades ideas on how to further aid their training program.

I'm sorry if I have the wrong picture about what the topic is about but I want to put my bit in from my perspective. I am sorry for any inconvenience if this topic is about a potential safety hazard due to responses to incorrect brigades, to me it seams like your having a whine about not getting the responses you want.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2008, 12:22:50 PM »
Don't waste your breath. It has been said time and time again, but the reality is any thread that is complaining about an incorrect response will continue for days, if not months, but any thread that is an attempt at decent discussion that is related to actual fire and rescue operations or equipment dies out in a matter of hours.

Yes it sucks, but apparently thats the way that people on this forums seem to like things. On the other hand you have to wonder about the majority of a group of people who apparently know alot about everything fire and rescue related, yet they cannot indulge in decent discussion outside of crying about not being called to jobs, or operations not being done "Correctly".

I would give all of my appendages for decent Fire and Rescue discussion here, as I believe that we can afford people oppourtunities to dicuss things that they may not be able to at a brigade level, as well as to reinforce the skills that are currently taught. It also allows brigade A to see how brigade Z works and to perhaps share good ides that other brigades have had.

Untill the entire attitude of the forums changes, this will not occur.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Daniel Norris

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2008, 02:31:49 PM »
its to true.

Offline Edster

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2009, 09:35:00 PM »
Maybe it's time to look at another option like getting another brigade in east torrens kitted with rapid intervention?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 09:53:05 PM by Edster »

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2009, 10:25:34 PM »
Why, Rapid intervention doesn't even count in the response plans.

And as for brigades helping themselves to other brigades in their group before the other closer appliances from other groups, well saw a good example of that tonight.  Bless their souls they are that ingrained with responding brigades from their own group they can't think outside the box.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2009, 11:43:56 PM »
Maybe it's time to look at another option like getting another brigade in east torrens kitted with rapid intervention?

JUST...RESPOND....BURNSIDE.

Edstar, for your brigade, Norton Summit,     Your "northern" RCR brigade is Athelstone, your "Central/West/East" is Burnside, and "Southern" is Stirling.  Simple??..response plans DONE.

Topic complete.   sorry, i just hear this rant a gazzlions times already.

COLLINGWOOD SUCK!~
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 11:53:24 PM by Zippy »

pumprescue

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2009, 10:47:00 AM »
Edster, its that kind of thinking that keeps your group in the dark ages......we all know you guys hate Burnside with a passion, but lets face it, you need them.... :-D

Offline Edster

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2009, 12:51:15 PM »
We dont hate them as much as you think  :-D im sure everyone has something against them but oh well i think thats with every brigade (no brigade  is perfect) and yes exactly right we do need them...
our group in the dark ages? oh please explain?

Stirling dont cover NSA for resuce its either Burnside or Athelstone and Stirling can be responded as a back up.

Offline Gilly

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2009, 10:16:31 PM »
Stirling dont cover NSA for resuce its either Burnside or Athelstone and Stirling can be responded as a back up.

Assuming NSA is Norton Summit Ashton? As per green book:
Norton Summit is Athlestone with Burnside as backup
Ashton is Burnside with Stirling as backup.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2009, 11:21:40 PM »

Just give them all an i-Load............

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2009, 11:52:15 PM »

JUST...RESPOND....BURNSIDE.

Edstar, for your brigade, Norton Summit,     Your "northern" RCR brigade is Athelstone, your "Central/West/East" is Burnside, and "Southern" is Stirling.  Simple??..response plans DONE.

Topic complete.   sorry, i just hear this rant a gazzlions times already.

COLLINGWOOD SUCK!~

Probably a first Zippy, but I totally agree with your post, they have a name for events like this its called a ................anomaly! :-D

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2009, 12:03:52 AM »
We dont hate them as much as you think  :-D im sure everyone has something against them.

Edster, ignorance breeds hate, think for yourself and don't get caught up in historical bulllshit, its just that, historical bulllshit!

Besides Burnside will be part of East Torrens group one day! :mrgreen:

Offline BundyBear

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2009, 12:55:01 AM »
ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
 :evil: