Author Topic: transfield  (Read 13086 times)

corocfs

transfield
« on: August 01, 2005, 06:50:44 PM »
does anyone ahve any idea when transfielddo recruiting for there fire service at the edinburgh RAAF base? i know all the appliances belong to them, and presume the firefighters do to???

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: transfield
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 07:03:52 PM »
Transfield Services have a fairly stable work force and so do not have a requirement to recruit. However when staff leave they do employ a replacement.

You need to be an already fully nationally qualified firefighter with aviation modules.

rescue5271

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2005, 07:44:57 AM »
You can also put in a application as transfield also look after a number of army bases in Victoria and NSW they also looking after fire cover in the coal fields of victoria and have there hand in a number of petrol sites...

Offline BundyBear

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 09:14:08 AM »
Go work for Transfield I hear they really look after their guys NOT!!!!

rescue5271

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 05:44:58 PM »
You can also do the public safety course as well as some of the firefighting courses that are on offer....I did here there not that good to work for....Better working for one of the mine companys that pay well and look aftre you better...

Offline Evac

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 02:45:02 PM »
As far as "private" fire servce go, Transfield are pretty good. Worked there for nearly 7 years and loved every minute of it. I only jumped ship because there was little room for promotion due to the very stable work force, and the money being splashed around in the mining industry at the moment was too hard to turn down :) I think having only 4 people leave in 7 years must say something for the company.
Practice Doesn't Make Perfect....... Perfect Practice Makes Perfect..

Offline SA- Private- Contractor

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 07:22:48 PM »
Hi,

I had a meeting with a colleuge the other day who had been to see what the transfield site was like... he told me

1. they are looked after well
2. have good remuneration
3. Have good equipment
4. have good management..

all in all sounds like the bad rumours are from those who regected or just jealous!
Training for a Conditioned Response

rescue5271

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 07:54:33 PM »
Transfeld did have a bad name when they first started in the private fire protection industry but it has got better and their equipment is great.