General Discussion > Fire Fighter Training

Plantation firefighting (pretty much also Scrub firefighting)

(1/4) > >>

Zippy:
i recently did the plantation course, and found the method hose laying quite ingenius and the theory knowledge worthwhile,  has anyone else got opinions of the course?

rescue5271:
Its a great couirse and some of the hoselaying can also be used for urban fire's.

6739264:
Woah there boy... Plantation and scrub are two very different beasts!

mmm, as are Urban and Plantation jobs...

Zippy:
nah urban fires are entirely separate (Rolled, Bowled and fixed lengths)

numbers, i tend to disagree...there is the oppunity to use the same techniques you use at a plantation, at a scrub fire.

6739264:

--- Quote from: Zippy on December 09, 2008, 07:03:38 AM ---nah urban fires are entirely separate (Rolled, Bowled and fixed lengths)

numbers, i tend to disagree...there is the oppunity to use the same techniques you use at a plantation, at a scrub fire.

--- End quote ---

Ok then, I'll throw some money at the fact that your fancy plantation hoselays gets tangled in about 30 seconds when you try to use it in thick scrub. If you honestly think that major parts of the plantation course can be applied to general Scrub firefighting, then go back and do the course again. Everything is different from the fuel loads, to the type of product combusting, to the ease of access and egress.

Please do elaborate on your rolled/bowled/'fixed' length theories of urban firefighting...

--- Quote from: Bill Corcoran on December 09, 2008, 05:22:11 AM ---Its a great couirse and some of the hoselaying can also be used for urban fire's.

--- End quote ---

I've been racking my brain all night and I can't for the life of me work out what hoselays you're talking about?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version