Author Topic: Big ideas!  (Read 15758 times)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
Re: Big ideas!
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2008, 11:38:47 AM »
Rescue lids can stay with SES and SA USAR....sorry numbers, not on your side this time ;)  On the other hand...SACFS getting involved with SA USAR, would be nice and interesting.

Sorry I forget. You're right SACFS doesn't do any rescue.

I take it that you've never had to be providing patient care or working within the confines of a vehicle. You enjoy doing that with your structural helmet, but mine comes off as soon as I go in the car. I'd much rather have a slim lined rescue lid so I still have some protection - currently the structural lid is far too big and bulky so off it comes.

I have both helmets and although i prefer my structual there are times when i have been very glad to have the lighter one. Some hills at Norton summit are a real bugger without ppe.

I hope for your sake you are complaining about one of the Bullard Structural lids. If you have anything newer than that and are crying because of the weight, then you do deserve to be shot ;)
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2008, 12:44:49 PM »
Sorry I forget. You're right SACFS doesn't do any rescue.

I take it that you've never had to be providing patient care or working within the confines of a vehicle. You enjoy doing that with your structural helmet, but mine comes off as soon as I go in the car. I'd much rather have a slim lined rescue lid so I still have some protection - currently the structural lid is far too big and bulky so off it comes.

So far thankfully, all the paitent care ive had to do has all been outside of a car...

i think the only brigade that has tried out Rescue helmets has been Stirling?

How about Rescue Lids when wearing Hazmat Suits?? (numbers uve made a light globe turn on!)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2008, 01:11:37 PM »
So far thankfully, all the paitent care ive had to do has all been outside of a car...

i think the only brigade that has tried out Rescue helmets has been Stirling?

How about Rescue Lids when wearing Hazmat Suits?? (numbers uve made a light globe turn on!)

I find it very interesting that you have the SES who, in country areas, are the primary rescue unit, and they have their Rescue helmets and other associated gear, yet when the CFS brigades are tasked to do the same work, it is left to individual brigades to identify a need for things like specific helmets. Any idea if the CFS are looking to make the use of rescue helmets more wide spread?

Speaking of Hazmat, how about NO helmet inside the suits?

rescue5271

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2008, 07:31:12 PM »
There are a nummber of rescue on the market I know when i was with Naracoorte we had the old SES type helmets for cave rescue and used the rescue helmet that CFS have approved for RCR.There is a rural/RCR helmet that came out early this year but not many RCR brigade's have taken this up as it does not meet the level 3 requirments....

Darren

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 06:58:15 AM »
Do they make rural helmets........ :wink:

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2008, 08:52:26 AM »
Do they make rural helmets........ :wink:

I should just bring along my own empty ice cream container.