Author Topic: new kingston cfs / ses station  (Read 2928 times)

rescue5271

new kingston cfs / ses station
« on: July 11, 2005, 08:47:06 PM »
Sunday was the opening of the new joint cfs/ses station at kingston and its a very nice station well layed out and loads of room for both services gto work out of. the ses has 3 bays as does the cfs,own radio and office shared kitchen large meeting room. A very good day and well attened by around 120 people...

strikeathird

Re: new kingston cfs / ses station
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »
Any photo's of the new station ?

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 05:05:03 PM »
Ran into Ashes (from the Promotions Unit) at Tailem Bend getting tea the night of the Kingston opening. He was on his way back from there so you can be sure there are tonnes of photos. Check the promotions web site. We were not that far away running a BFF1 at Salt Creek - should have come for a look :-)
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 10:40:34 AM »
Kat - I hope someone got some photos of the BFF1 at Salt Creek - it would be worth the promotions unit running some photos of that.

Salt Creek would be worth promoting as they are a very unique brigade in this state - as the first brigade to be 'first responders' in South Aust - something most people away from the Coorong Group probally don't know  :-D
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 12:27:27 PM »
Yes there are some photos of the participants watering the school oval during the pumping sessions :-)

Had to promise some to Ashes.

Salt Creek Brigade train with SAAS every fortnight at the school (staion is barely big enough for appliance) and provide a service whereby they are responded to low prioroty ambulance calls and then liaise with SAAS on appropriate action, often resulting in an ambulance not being required. Pros and cons of course but I originally thought it the first tiny step toward attaching first aid response to the fire service in general.
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

rescue5271

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2005, 10:18:21 PM »
When I get time soon I hope i will upload some pictures of the day...