Technical Discussion > Compartment Fire Behaviour

Fire Tactics

<< < (10/10)

oz fire:
Fair enough - re familiarisation, reconfirmation, reinforcement of knowledge - sound idea - maybe there needs to be a competency life span then on CFBT???

I wasn't having a go at any individual, but rather the system, the dolls house is not a toy, and to refresh on techniques, what to watch for and alike, maybe CFS needs to produce and distribute a video, for all to see and refresh.

My concern is that allot of material is covered when a dolls house is demonstrated and we all know the retention in adults when attending training as about 10% (actual stat!!!).

Strikeathird - your right the best reinforcement is actual incidents, the attendance at many have enable me to refine my techniques but also demonstrate how useful the technique can be - in both volunteer and paid services, in both city and country locations.

If we are to train, then lets do it properly, competently and ensure that weather it be initial training or refresher training we do it safely and pass on the 'actual and correct knowledge' not our interpretations :-D

CFS_Firey:
I should also clarify about the Dolls house demonstration on my level 3 course... This was a demonstration by an instructor, we only watched, so I can be sure none of the people on my course would think they know CFB techniques...
What a better way to explain Flashover than to show it? A demonstration like this can be compared to untrained people watching a Video that shows CFB techniques...

Having said that though, I agree that untrained personnel should not be combating the Dolls House, or having the impression that they know CFB techniques...

strikeathird:
Any one know if we are ever going to be able to do more of the Supress Urban Fire modules...?  (CFBT is part of SUF)

Would be nice to do some further training..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version