Author Topic: SAPES Games  (Read 19260 times)

wicky

SAPES Games
« on: January 09, 2009, 02:31:37 PM »
Ok boys and girls the SAPES games are on would love to see CFS put in a team for paintball since most other services are playing the date is 8th may 09. any info needed go to sapes website. http://www.sapes.com.au/ or pm me.

Wicky.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:37:27 PM by wicky »

Offline Fire_Rescue96

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: SAPES Games
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 09:27:49 AM »
Didn't realise they were coming up!!

Thinking of putting a soccer team together if anyone would be interested
When I am called to duty, God wherever flames may rage, Give me strength to save a life, whatever be its age.

misterteddy

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 09:45:08 AM »
its always interesting to see that these things are on when cfs is still busy with a fire season.... and then they wonder why our participation is low

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 10:10:02 PM »
im getting set for the Stair climb!

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 06:21:15 PM »
anyone else doing the Stair Race?

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 10:19:21 PM »
sweet, i send ya the details on facebook.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 11:19:52 AM »
lol it was good,  coming from a area that at best has 3 stories into 18 story BA Full gear stair race, certainly was something new.... twas enjoyable!

managed to run up 5 stories before slowing down, coulda done better with more fitness, but got something to improve on for next year ;)

Absolutely love the MFS BA Sets...nice and lightweight :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 11:23:53 AM by Zippy »

Offline tft

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »
who won ?
cop one the event last year

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 02:43:41 PM »
Just got back from the states and am so jetlagged!

Didn't bring swine flue back with you did you? :P

Offline gasman

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 11:48:45 AM »
How the heck did you get that? You been playing with deer when away in the States?
I just want to help

Army_emergency_responder

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 08:19:57 PM »
I won 6 gold for you CFS

Offline firegun

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 08:23:43 PM »
Well done Army,
what events?

Army_emergency_responder

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 08:42:38 PM »
i did track and field 100 200 400 triple jump and a relay and beat the mfs lol :mrgreen:

Army_emergency_responder

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 11:34:12 PM »
Me hehe

Offline crashndash

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2009, 02:08:18 PM »
we need more drinking games.....THEN you will see a flood of applicants

Army_emergency_responder

« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2009, 11:08:20 PM »
now why dont i believe you? seriously whos coming to canda to represent Aust and kick some butt!
Im being serious hun

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2009, 04:34:27 PM »
Fifty-eight Metropolitan Fire Service (MFS) firefighters are preparing to head to British Colombia, Canada to participate in one of the world's biggest sporting events; the 2009 World Police and Fire Games. They'll compete with thousands of fire fighting peers, police officers, correctional services and customs officers from around the globe, along with six additional firefighters from Adelaide Airport.
MFS Chief Officer, Grant Lupton says the games will be particularly special for MFS competitors this year, given his link to Canada as a past Deputy Fire Commissioner for the Province of British Columbia. "South Australia?s MFS and Airport firefighters will test their expertise in events such as athletics, swimming, triathlon, cycling, golf, dragon boats, muster, hose cart and bucket brigade. "In doing so, they will be forming bonds of friendship with people from different countries and cultures who hold similar life journeys and a shared work ethic," Mr Lupton says. Chief Officer Lupton says he wishes all South Australian fire fighting competitors well, and will be proud of any victory they may have over firefighters from his former Canadian workforce!
The World Police and Fire Games were established in 1985 by the Californian Police Athletics Federation as a way to develop global ties between firefighters and police officers. The games are held biennially, and were last held in Adelaide in 2007, attracting approximately 10 000 competitors and valuable tourism dollars.
The SAMFS World Police and Fire Games (WPFG) Club President, Bill Jamieson says the games are designed to be fiercely competitive but fun, as a way to foster new friendships. "The South Australian fire fighting team has worked and trained hard to reach the games, but would like to thank the public in helping to provide an opportunity to compete. "Over the last two years, firefighters have raised funds through sales of the Firefighters' Calendar, raffles, quiz nights and barbeques to help the team make it to the games," Mr Jamieson says.
Over the years, the SAMFS WPFG Club has donated some of the monies raised to the Women's and Children's Hospital's Burns Service, including a $25 000 donation in June. The World Police and Fire Games will begin in British Colombia on Friday, 31 July 2009 and those participating will make their way to Canada in the next few weeks.
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

anything