Technical Discussion > HAZMAT

News Article - CBR Training.........Is it Enough ???

<< < (2/3) > >>

TillerMan:
Yes, CBR seems to have gotten other states fire services plenty of new equipment but we have not really seen much here.
About all i've noticed is a couple of new pods in town and burnside probably have some new toys. Other states have recieved funding for major trucks and alot of highly trained personel. I suppose S.E.S have recieved a bit but nothing major.
As for the 6 hour training session it was probably that really exciting CBR video.

strikeathird:

--- Quote from: oz fire on August 10, 2005, 04:07:08 PM ---A little knowledge is dangerous.

My view - we all have our areas of expertise (RCR, Hazmat, Tankers, Vertical Rescue, Pumper - what ever) but lets aim to be competent in what we already have (not just as individuals but as whole brigades) before we take on more tasks.

We have people trained in CBR, who if the need arises can guide, instruct and lead those who aren't!  Lets put our faith in their training, abilility and skills.

As for a politician being deeply concearned - maybe he should be concearned enough to ensure we have appropriate PPE, appliances, equipment, stations, support and alike before he jumps on the current band wagon of CBR!!!!

--- End quote ---

^^Good call.

I have no idea which brigade they were talking about, but if they classify that useless DVD I had to sit through, as training, or as being trained in CBR.... God Help us all !!!

I hope their is something more indepth than that DVD.   As I DEFINATELY don't call myself CBR qual. for sitting through, and learning its content.

oz fire:
The brigade the polly was talking about was Jamestown - a well practiced Hazmat brigade in the Mid North.

SA has also receievd a very large cache of equipment - it was provided to THE STATE, not one individual service. The majority is housed at Wakefield street under a state baner (maybe soon safecom) however there is some equipment at Brukunga and it specific areas.

A number of brigades (more than just burnside) close to Adelaide have undertaken extensive traing in the use of the equipment and should the need ever arise, are able to operate competently all of the equipment :-)

corocfs:

--- Quote from: TillerMan on August 10, 2005, 06:51:11 PM ---
About all i've noticed is a couple of new pods in town and burnside probably have some new toys. Other states have recieved funding for major trucks and alot of highly trained personel. I suppose S.E.S have recieved a bit but nothing major.

--- End quote ---

i think you'll find that the ses have absoloutely nothing to do with CBR in SA... and have  not recieved any equipment or training.

TillerMan:
Sorry, I meant the overall terrist thing, not just CBR. S.E.S have recieved alot of gear in relation to structure collapse etc..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version