Author Topic: Jaws of Life... Off the back of a truck...  (Read 2650 times)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
Jaws of Life... Off the back of a truck...
« on: January 23, 2009, 09:20:56 PM »
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/01/20/national/a095550S39.DTL&tsp=1

Quote from: AP
17:52 PST Highland Home, Ala. (AP) --

Highland Home's volunteer firefighters are trying to figure out why anyone would want to steal the "jaws of life." The $12,000 equipment, which is used to rescue people trapped inside vehicles after car wrecks, was recently stolen from the department.

Department President Stephen Wilson said he doesn't know why anyone who wasn't a firefighter would want the 60-pound device.

The Crenshaw County Sheriff's Office is investigating the bizarre theft. The thief didn't take a television set or two air tanks worth $10,000.

Well there you go, anyone need some new RIV gear? ;)
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Baxter

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • ho ho ho its fire fighting time
    • View Profile
Re: Jaws of Life... Off the back of a truck...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 10:21:31 PM »
And now for something a little bit closer to home and I wish I could can find my newspaper clipping about a set of missing RIV. An SES unit on the west coast in SA had a set stolen late last year from a members own back yard which they had prepared for a skills mainteance session the next day.

If any one has any more information or want to make a correction please do so as I am only doing this from memory.
keep it simple for sanity skes please

uniden

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 08:12:03 AM »
Probably use it to get up to no good. you know those holes in the walls. I am not going to give anyone ideas.

rescue5271

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 12:13:19 PM »
People will take anything if its not bolted down,you would be surprised at what you find on ebay,a few years ago a CFA station in region 8/9 got broken into they took all the helmets and some turnout gear then they tryed to sell it on ebay and where caught......

anything