Author Topic: Time for 3 Fire services  (Read 38641 times)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
Re: Time for 3 Fire services
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 09:42:41 AM »
Ok, as the definitive and final argument for the "CFS = Dads Army" I just accidentally opened http://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/ (Yeah I don't know what came over me either)

What am I greeted with? 4 People with 8 teeth between them and a combined IQ that may glance double figures. Great! So I mash F5 for a bit and get to see a smattering of other photos all with one thing in common. All but one are from jobs out in the sticks featuring people who genuinely surprise me with their ability to get dressed for the Firecall. The one from a non sticks job has some crazy disco lighting and a bloke in a tabbard standing near a car or something. There are two pictures featured where there is a kind of common theme of uniform. What a ragtag army of professional firefighters we are. People standing around joking, laughing and looking like they're having a great time on a camping trip to Ularu does not really instill any confidence in the service. I can almost understand where the CFS was going with the "Human" angle, but by god it comes of badly.

Here's a tip. I'm going to quickly link to a smattering of pictures (Thanks Pip and Ashes!) that A) Make us look professional and B) Feature RESCUE and HAZMAT and STRUCTURE FIRES.

http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/incidents/page26photos/1-rl-MVASpringsRd-005.jpg

http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/incidents/page26photos/1-rl-house_fire_barker_springs_004_194.jpg

http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/incidents/page26photos/1-rl-house_fire_barker_springs_005_127.jpg

http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/incidents/page25photos/1-oakhazmat-Dsc_6648.jpg

http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/incidents/page25photos/1-barker-house-Dsc_7913.jpg

http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/incidents/page24photos/1-barker-house-Dsc_4096.jpg

http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/incidents/page24photos/1-birdwood-mock-Dsc_3677.jpg
(Ok, maybe next time love, you can A) Not step on the hose and B) Make the cut in the right position, but it'll do)

http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/incidents/page25photos/1-slcfs-buchfeldefiremon17-11-08-004.jpg
(Oops, Rural again)

http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/incidents/page23photos/1-hazmatbside-Dsc_6824.jpg

http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/incidents/page23photos/1-ja-img_1315_847.jpg

http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/incidents/page21photos/1-ss-img_4666_212.jpg

http://www.fire-brigade.asn.au/gallery/incidents/page20photos/1-baglen-Dsc_5042.jpg

Jesus Christ CFS, it's not hard. When are you going to acknowledge that we don't just fuckarse around at bushfires anymore!
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline fridgemagnet

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 09:43:41 AM »
let crck open that DVD of the complete seris of DAD's Army to motivate our selves for today

Apart from using beaters and yellow beacons, is there anything wrong with this? CFS are already trying to streamline the BFF1 Package into a quick Rural Firefighting 101, moreso than it already is (if thats possible), if people only want to deal with rural incidents, then give them a 34, some hose, some lvl 1 gear and let them go wild!

And you wonder why they see us as Dad's Army service with comments like that one. The worse thing about it it's so true. :-(

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 10:03:11 AM »

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 10:34:12 AM »
Ok, as the definitive and final argument for the "CFS = Dads Army" I just accidentally opened http://www.cfs.sa.gov.au/ (Yeah I don't know what came over me either)

What am I greeted with? 4 People with 8 teeth between them and a combined IQ that may glance double figures. Great! So I mash F5 for a bit and get to see a smattering of other photos all with one thing in common. All but one are from jobs out in the sticks featuring people who genuinely surprise me with their ability to get dressed for the Firecall. The one from a non sticks job has some crazy disco lighting and a bloke in a tabbard standing near a car or something. There are two pictures featured where there is a kind of common theme of uniform. What a ragtag army of professional firefighters we are. People standing around joking, laughing and looking like they're having a great time on a camping trip to Ularu does not really instill any confidence in the service. I can almost understand where the CFS was going with the "Human" angle, but by god it comes of badly.

Sorry to disappoint, but the bulk of the fire photos displayed are not from the sticks....

Gumeracha, Morialta, Willunga, a few from KI (perhaps classified as the sticks?), Warooka plus a road crash at Stirling.....

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 10:42:25 AM »
well some of brigades around the state especially country areas with memebers made up of farmers first started a brigade way bak whenever because they wanted to protect their local farms and community from fires..and to this day that is still the case i know it is with my brigade we don want to worry bout other stuff like hazmat n RCR. We want to go put fire out n go home n shut the shed..Not saying this is view of everyone but i know a number of brigades that this is all they want to do.

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 10:44:39 AM »
I like numbers post i am even in one of the better ones.

I fully agree that (even tho they are not from the sticks ) it is a complete rural feel.  And we should push the other aspects of our work on the CFS website.

But there is a large divide in that many brigades do less than 20 callouts per year and realy don;t care about 90% of what the urbanish ones do

out of time but i'll be back

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 10:49:13 AM »
Sorry to disappoint, but the bulk of the fire photos displayed are not from the sticks....

Gumeracha, Morialta, Willunga, a few from KI (perhaps classified as the sticks?), Warooka plus a road crash at Stirling.....

Pip

The point is though that to the casual observer they all look like jobs in the sticks, but moreso they are all Rural jobs with nothing indicating the variety of service we provide.

We want to go put fire out n go home n shut the shed..Not saying this is view of everyone but i know a number of brigades that this is all they want to do.

And there is nothing wrong with this at all. The problem comes when this is all that the CFS promote as their core business. As misterteddy said, we need to take ourselves seriously and promote the fact that we are a Fire Service (Be it rural/urban), not a Dads Army bushfire brigade.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 11:07:25 AM by 6739264 »

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 10:55:43 AM »
ahhh yes totally agree numbers  :-)

Offline fridgemagnet

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 01:52:46 PM »
As we discuss the urban rural interface those of you who keep an eye on the Government notices would of seen today that two western area Brigades have been disolved but a new Brigade has been established in new location also in the west.

Even though the media portray economic gloom and doom we need to be mindful of how rural towns are changing. I can only hope that the CFS will take this opportunity to eat away the Dad's army badge that can be found out on the margins of the good earth.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 03:45:46 PM »
No I was thinking Ambulance Rescue :wink:(which the government was trying to phase out until very recently).
Zippy - if you are refering to me :- care factor Zero :-D, considering what triggered this conversation in the first place.
And going on what I've seen the CFS (and its volunteer supporters) are really good at self promotion.
But as I said previously Numbers is right, but you have to ask the questions 1 Is this a widely held view outside of the urban fringe? 2 Why did your magazine print  those comments in the first place? Is there another agenda? (reduce the amount & type of training vollies in rural areas do, replace the hybrid rural/urban appliances with something more suitable?
And are some in your service (maybe the silent majority)hinting that they want  to be more like the other Rural/country fire service & leave the more complicated stuff to someone else? Interesting NSWRFS aren't even allowed on a roof & no volunteers are allowed to operate over the speed limit & most like it that way.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 05:45:20 PM »
nah..im refering to the guy in the picture.  Mr tough guy ;)

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 06:10:36 PM »
Ah I wonder who that is? No worries Zippy :-D But I can understand why some would "just want to fight fires" guys. My new unit only does Storm & Flood (VRA does rescue), alot of our guys are ex VRA who just don't want to do it anymore but still want to serve their community. However due to a change in our funding model & other reasons, there is a push for us to be rescue sometime in the future. Now this is without consultation or consideration of our members, we have RFS, VRA as well as just plain SES members.
The unit members have not expressed a wish to expand our role or think its a great idea afterall SESNSW strongly promote our prime role (sound familiar),so I'm not sure its a great idea, so maybe in CFS's case all of the membership should be asked what"model" should CFS follow & alternatives to the current system (if indeed thatswhat the majority want). Anyway thats what I think :wink:
cheers
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Baxter

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • ho ho ho its fire fighting time
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 06:20:04 PM »
I've read all the arguments for and against but as Chook said what are the views held outside of the urban rural fringe. Some of the problems that I noticed being from the rural brigade area is that (I'm not saying that I am in agreement or disagreement with these opinions but this is what is felt by some that I chat to)

*The BFF1 is too long and should be done in a weekend like the old Level 1
*To much paper work
*The SMD1 being pushed onto them
*That we only want to do what we need to protect our properties
*Not enough people in the community or locality to sustain a brigade through an exodus from farms to the mines

As one person said earlier we are having two brigade close down because it has become all to hard for them to keep up with it all.

Instead of focusing on the problems lets focus on the solutions. Having a problems solving approach brings with it a positive attitude to instead of a whining attitude

Now lets hear the solutions
keep it simple for sanity skes please

ltdan

« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2009, 02:38:43 PM »
Maybe its time that all services come under 1 entity SAMFS, SACFS, DEH, Forrestry SA.  Become the SA Fire Service.

It seems each one of the above services are doing their own thing when we should be all doing the same thing.  You have to ask why?  The only reason I can think of is the politics and everyone who is concerned looking after themself.

Communication & paging would be improved with DEH being placed into the paging dispatch network.  This issue will not even be resolved with SACAD, I would of thought that SACAD would be the ideal time to sort it out.

Brigades which require urban pumpers can get a urban pumper without hassle.

Training which may be required for urban brigades like USAR can be completed instead of our fire service saying we are a rural fire service. - Their is no disagreement that part of our service is a rural service but we are also a urban service.

I could keep bringing up positive reasons for the amalgamation but with very few negatives.

I have seen significant change in the fire service but I do not remember how many ridiculous comments or changes which within the fire service were uncalled for in the last five years by the hierarchy of the service.

Don't get me wrong their has been changes which have been positive which have made the fire service good, but I think it is time we all become 1.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 06:50:07 PM by ltdan »

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2009, 02:57:28 PM »
DEH/Forestry fire services, are kinda intermingled with the actual core services of DEH/Forestry...bit tough trying to split the firefighting component into a SA Fire and Rescue Service.

But ey, the funding stream will be much easier to manage and resource over-duplication would be a thing of the past!

Might also be worth trying to introduce some CFA/MFB terminology into the system aswell like "Make Tankers 10" instead of having to rattle off brigade names and etc.  Then again...the Alarm system is meant to the same job, but i dont hear it used too often outside of Peri-urban brigades........

Utilising Regional headquarters as a centre of "incident upgrading" might be worthwhile, they will have more precise knowledge of what resources can come from where...and run more effective fire cover when resources are depleted.

Noticing Region 1 HQ was open all day...they could listen into jobs directly...all the incident controller would have to do is inadvertanly call out to Region 1 HQ to upgrade the call...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 02:59:47 PM by Zippy »

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2009, 03:51:03 PM »
Interesting that the topic has swung to a SAFIRE&RESCUE Service, are people missing the point of the original comments? Less not more seems to be the wish of those interviewed.
While it seems like a good idea on paper, while the fire service is fighting fires (this week in Vic & NSW area classic example)who is going to do everything else?
And the topic of USAR was raised (again?) how many of your members really want to do that skill? (Which is a whole new ball game)
Now this may seem like a controversial idea - maybe two services who cover fire 1)SAFire service both full time & retained (NSWFB model or the CFA model with both paid & volunteer) & 2)Country fire service (RFS style rural & village), seems to me that would suit both camps.
Equipment would be matched to the task,training would also be matched to the task & it almost exists now except in the Adelaide fringe area.
Those in the know have realised that one service does not work with volunteers, why too much time needs to be devoted or training slips - even in Victoria CFA has stated no more rescue brigades! Both in WA & QLD rescue is not only a fire service responsibility across the state.
Finally some will say that the state can't afford it, well the question needs to be why not? The answer is quite simple 1) ESL @ the current rate was never going to work, 2)Too many fingers in the pie, 3) Money being wasted on crap (I could not believe the facilities provided at the Paradise station I thought some one was taking the piss), 4)Councils/ Communities having nil responsibilities, 5 Massive duplication in equipment, facilities and other resources.
Honestly I think some have missed the point to suggest one service.
Ready for the back lash :-D
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2009, 03:53:43 PM »
(RFS style rural & village)

i dont ever want to see "Dial-a-Jet" Branch's in CFS EVER.    EVER.            EVER   :x

CFS are way ahead of RFS in Equipment...so i consider it a  *POSITIVE* of the CFS. CFA have a lot of innovations that could be adopted.

Who wouldnt want a Fire and Rescue service!   
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 04:00:32 PM by Zippy »

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2009, 04:10:44 PM »
A proper rescue service? (not just RCR) About 80% of your service & the communities that need the services of a rescue squad while the fire fighters are off fighting fires (its going to get busier not quieter)
And the people who have a paid job.
Ken
just another retard!

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2009, 04:36:30 PM »
Chook

How about rather than make many specialized groups make it easier for a member of CFS or SES to do varied training across the board. ie if i want to do more rescue courses let me.

Secondly the metro area SES are brilliant at their flood/storm/non P1 stuff. But largely they can't get to any real emergency stuff until it's over. So they have a rather dull image in the eyes of lots of current emergency service workers.

If you were going to reduce the number of CFS stations that do rescue etc and use more SES this would require that there are more SES units of course. Do you propose these units would be come first responders annd be attractive  for people to double wear? so we can do the extra training and other courses.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2009, 04:59:27 PM »
I agree on all of your points (even the comments on metro  :wink: ) & if someone wanted to be a "cross dresser" it should be very simple - no need to redo the police check, recognision of qualifications e.t.c.
Same radio system, rank structure, similar SOP's where relevant.
Don't get me wrong SESSA needs to gget it's house in order as well - why is Basic rescue a prerequeset for everything? Why  complicate the simplest skill sets? E.g. we have several members who are RFS one only joined very late last year, now he is storm & flood damage qualified (he didn't need to demonstrate competency in pumps - already knew it!).
Mate I think you have got it :wink: And for those brigades who are out in the "sticks" life should be simple as. Afterall why did they join in the first place? to put out fires in their town/farm not to do USAR,vertical e.t.c.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 06:13:52 PM »
This thread is starting to give me a headache.

The original post suggested that a move to three services Paid/Vol Urban/Vol Rural would be a way to move forward while still keeping the separate interests of CFS and MFS intact. We now have people throwing SA Fire & Rescue service into the mix and the big budget items such as USAR which is muddying the waters.

To get things back on track and to perhaps strike the heart of the CFS/SES rescue argument, there is room in the state for all most of us. ;)
The brigades ,and at a more local level, the individual volunteers that only want to turn out to wildfires should be able to do so.

I was a big fan of the old Lvl 1, lvl 2, lvl 3 split system. Lvl 1 taught you everything that you needed to know to get on a fire truck and turnout to an emergency, even basic MVA/HAZMAT was taught. Things like pumps (which are generally specific to appliances and brigades) were taught at a Brigade level and it was not expected that a lvl 1 trained firefighter would be operating the pump, but if need be, they could. Then at lvl 2, you were provided with a more in depth look at most of your lvl 1 teachings, and got a whole afternoon on pumps!

Fitting the old courses into a single weekend was a good thing in terms of personal commitment, as well as for brigades/groups being able to run a few courses a year if need be. The move to the BFF 1 course that is huge and is run in a disjointed manner was certainly a step, if not a jump backwards. Don't get me wrong, I'd love the basic firefighting course to be weeks long and incorporate CABA, RCR and HAZMAT, but that doesn't fit 99% of brigades, nor is it practical in any way shape or form.

When people bring up Pumpers, Rescue and USAR and the fun things like that, even when I whine and moan, it needs to be understood that these circumstances and gripes only apply to a very small number of brigades. Even I forget this quite often. Take USAR for example, if the CFS took on USAR then you would only have a handful of CAT II operators, a smaller number of stations with major stockpiles of USAR gear and this would all happen to brigades that are already rescue, busy and have the associated risk and strategic placement. Cat I operators would no doubt be something that would be open to more brigades, both rescue and not, but that is more about USAR awareness than actually getting stuck into the guts of an incident.

I think that if there were Urban/Rural working parties that were allowed to deviate from the CFS line that one size fits all, you would find brigades having less to complain about, as long as real answers and solutions are provided. The complaints from rural brigades and urban brigades are not greater or lesser than the other, they are just different. Yes, the brigade with two pumpers, a rescue and a single bushfire truck may appear to be well off, but if those resources aren't able to cover the brigades risk, then their complaint is as valid as a rural brigade who have a 20 year old truck needs replacing and could do with a 14.

I still don't know what the harm in having a single service that provides Fire, Rescue, Hazmat, Storm/Tempest coverage is. Lets face it, when the brown stuff hits the fan with Storm and Tempest, the SES can't keep up and the local firies (MFS/CFS) are out helping. Why not have everything incorporated, with larger stations, more appliances and the ability for people to only do rescue, or only fight fires? As I have said before, very little firefighting equipment can be used in rescues, but a whole lot of rescue equipment can be used and is vital in firefighting operations. It makes sense to have it all available in the one package.

This idea would also be a good time to challenge the CFS/MFS idea that rescue = RCR. Go ahead and throw your hydraulic equipment at that meat grinder entrapment... enjoy it!

Might also be worth trying to introduce some CFA/MFB terminology into the system aswell like "Make Tankers 10" instead of having to rattle off brigade names and etc.  Then again...the Alarm system is meant to the same job, but i don't hear it used too often outside of Peri-urban brigades........

Utilising Regional headquarters as a centre of "incident upgrading" might be worthwhile, they will have more precise knowledge of what resources can come from where...and run more effective fire cover when resources are depleted.

Noticing Region 1 HQ was open all day...they could listen into jobs directly...all the incident controller would have to do is inadvertently call out to Region 1 HQ to upgrade the call...

Yes! Lets wind back the clock! That sounds just dandy. The idea behind alarms levels is that you get a set amount and variety of appliances - if you need more, just special call them. With your old school "Make tankers 10" line of thought, don't forget that turns into a mess REALLY fast. Think about this: A fire encroaching on houses requires you to call say "3rd alarm, 3 pumpers for asset protection" OR "Make tankers 4, Make pumpers 3, Make BWC 2 and notify the DGO"

Why people still sit around requesting brigades by name I don't know. Ask Adelaide Fire/Station/Group Base for and alarm upgrade and bang, there you go. Leave it to the guys in the airconditioned office to determine who is closer. Of course if you need a specific resource, ask for "Burnside to be responded for State Hazmat"

R1HQ...we'll don't get me started. For their resource tracking ability you may as well be talking to mushy clay.

While it seems like a good idea on paper, while the fire service is fighting fires (this week in Vic & NSW area classic example)who is going to do everything else?
And the topic of USAR was raised (again?) how many of your members really want to do that skill? (Which is a whole new ball game)
Now this may seem like a controversial idea - maybe two services who cover fire 1)SAFire service both full time & retained (NSWFB model or the CFA model with both paid & volunteer) & 2)Country fire service (RFS style rural & village), seems to me that would suit both camps.

While the Fire service is out fighting fires, brigade/groups/regions need to ensure that they can still provide rescue coverage. THAT is a whole nother discussion. I know what you're saying, but in the metro area we have many more resources to play with than you dudes in the sticks and hence its easier, when common sense is used, to cover brigades that are tied up at fires.

The Vic/NSW model are pretty good, although they would need to be reworked a little to fit here.

Who wouldn't want a Fire and Rescue service!   

Already got one, it's called the South Australian Country Fire Service. Although you need to define 'rescue'.

A proper rescue service? (not just RCR)

Yeah good luck getting that into the mind of the CFS. Rescue equipment = Hydraulics and a Halligan tool (that has little business being anything but a structural forcible entry tool!)

Secondly the metro area SES are brilliant at their flood/storm/non P1 stuff. But largely they can't get to any real emergency stuff until it's over. So they have a rather dull image in the eyes of lots of current emergency service workers.

You need to get out and experience the "glory" that is the Adelaide Hills/Sturt SES then.

In closing, if you have a rural brigade, then you should have a Rural Fire working group looking out for your issues and R&D. If you have an Urban brigade, you should have an Urban working group looking out for your issues and R&D. Maybe we could even add a Rescue working group to the mix.

With all this talk of one service, did we all forget about SAFECOM ? We're already there. It's only a matter of time until you see it at a ground level.

EDIT: One Service, not ONCE Service
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 06:30:13 PM by 6739264 »

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009, 06:24:14 PM »
For once in my life I agree with Numbers....but I doubt it will happen because too many people will make sure their empire does not merged.

The big issue would be in a SAFECOM entity, how do you make sure that each service (rural fire, rescue, urban fire, usar, rcr, storm, flood, etc, etc) gets the appropriate effort ??

From looking at Western Australia and Queensland, the single entity is not working because portions of the community risk is not being covered in a satisfactory manner.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2009, 06:36:54 PM »
Well put Numbers - couldn't agree more. And when some real clever people take there individual service hats off & look at it with fresh eyes & do ALL of the things you said then & maybe then the one service concept would work.
And just to clear up one point I never suggested that metro units should do any more (maybe less) than they currently do now - if SES is to survive focus on the prime reason for existence storm flood - it works everywhere else! And provide surge capability when the big one hits!
But CFS must learn a hell of a lot more about what the others two currently do & start acting a lot more openly (including down grading or closing non conpliant brigades)& honestly then I would be more than happy to see a Country Fire & Rescue service - Did I just say that? :wink:
Sadly doubt I would see it in my life time. Not in the way I would like to see it, see Andrews comment!
Anyway I think I've burnt my chance of ever rejoining SESSA :evil:
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2009, 09:45:59 PM »

Might also be worth trying to introduce some CFA/MFB terminology into the system aswell like "Make Tankers 10" instead of having to rattle off brigade names and etc.  Then again...the Alarm system is meant to the same job, but i don't hear it used too often outside of Peri-urban brigades........

Noticing Region 1 HQ was open all day...they could listen into jobs directly...all the incident controller would have to do is inadvertently call out to Region 1 HQ to upgrade the call...

Why people still sit around requesting brigades by name I don't know. Ask Adelaide Fire/Station/Group Base for and alarm upgrade and bang, there you go. Leave it to the guys in the airconditioned office to determine who is closer. Of course if you need a specific resource, ask for "Burnside to be responded for State Hazmat"

People request specific brigades to be responded, because since the change to Adelaide fire, and the loss of data, means the Comms people are usually asking specifically which brigade you want responded, as they often don't have the data in front of them to be able to determine the closest & most appropriate resource. 

Pip

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2009, 09:49:47 PM »
People request specific brigades to be responded, because since the change to Adelaide fire, and the loss of data, means the Comms people are usually asking specifically which brigade you want responded, as they often don't have the data in front of them to be able to determine the closest & most appropriate resource. 

Adelaide Fire don't happen to have a map with locations of CFS brigades? I guess we default to the usual "SACAD will fix it" line of thinking?

anything