Author Topic: Time for 3 Fire services  (Read 38786 times)

Offline Baxter

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • ho ho ho its fire fighting time
    • View Profile
Re: Time for 3 Fire services
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2009, 10:37:51 PM »
Maybe the problem lies elsewhere maybe it has nonething to do with a BFF1 like it predecessor it to did not prepare a person for the full gamete of tasks which can be performed by a rural Brigade from the structure fire, provide assistance at road accidents or a refuse fire or what ever it may be, it come down to training. How do we solve this dilemma keep the BFF1 but re-badge it to a better name i.e. induction and rural fire fighting. Then have the specialized courses but not attached to a SFEC that is not reviewed regularly and is near impossible to change. We need to have a regular review dates that allow 360 degree feedback so that all level of the organisation is singing from the same page.

Yes we should collapse at least two services into one; As being a members of both with two pagers and two uniforms can be a bit confusing when working with the same group but in a different uniform with a different emblem is rather silly in my humble opinion. Both organisation want the same thing and try to compete at achieving the same thing to me its a no brainer just amalgamate the two and let HQ Adelaide sort out the name.
keep it simple for sanity skes please

rescue5271

Re: Time for 3 Fire services
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2009, 05:27:47 AM »
Having worked with the MFS guys for a week in Victoria and from the way we where all talking its time for ONE FIRE SERVICE,We can make this happen if we want but i am all for it and i knwo that those on strikes who have been working with teh MFS agree..Bring it on I say ....