Author Topic: Too Many Chiefs  (Read 13260 times)

misterteddy

Re: Too Many Chiefs
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2009, 05:13:48 PM »
honestly....why should they....u guys cant sort out ur own Group, then put up with it. No-one is gonna accept an imposed solution from Region, stand up for urselves and take responsibility....and if it isnt getting up time after time....then its because enough other people think it works....and maybe ur on the wrong side - thats the thing about a democracy.. Misterteddy thanks for your thoughts.

Try as we do, Stand up as we do, fight for some basic standards as we do, follow SOP as we do, and continue to be overrun by the group.
Half the group follow as this is all they want, they are farmers interested in protecting there own patch and not interested once it reaches their fence. Brigades that only attend the AGM every year, They dont even train. somebody may drive the truck from time to time, want a hand in a close by area and they dont even respond to page.
When you have this attitude out weighing the urban/ Rural brigades whats the answer. Become marked and tagged as a stirrer as we have. and all because we want to be able to develope our officers. Give them a go at running a job.
Where ever you are must be nice.

whats the answer?....there are plenty. But as you're private message to me had just a mere hint of sarcasm directed my way, then maybe i might chose to  keep those ideas to myself.

Atthe end of the day....no-one has a gun to your head.....don't like it, take up sandwich cutting for a pastime

nnooooooo chook!!! I meant join the Salvos catering team....honest :evil:

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2009, 08:50:01 PM »
honestly....why should they....u guys cant sort out ur own Group, then put up with it. No-one is gonna accept an imposed solution from Region, stand up for urselves and take responsibility....and if it isnt getting up time after time....then its because enough other people think it works....and maybe ur on the wrong side - thats the thing about a democracy.. Misterteddy thanks for your thoughts.

Try as we do, Stand up as we do, fight for some basic standards as we do, follow SOP as we do, and continue to be overrun by the group.
Half the group follow as this is all they want, they are farmers interested in protecting there own patch and not interested once it reaches their fence. Brigades that only attend the AGM every year, They dont even train. somebody may drive the truck from time to time, want a hand in a close by area and they dont even respond to page.
When you have this attitude out weighing the urban/ Rural brigades whats the answer. Become marked and tagged as a stirrer as we have. and all because we want to be able to develope our officers. Give them a go at running a job.
Where ever you are must be nice.

whats wrong with the attitude of protecting ur own patch? our brigade doesn train n we attend the AGM every year..haven seen the truck go out n come back with out the fire out yet..Not everyone is in CFS to Train n do courses n spend hours n hours at the station. when there is a fire get the truck out put fire out truck back in shed beer in hand  8-)

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2009, 12:26:48 PM »
whats wrong with the attitude of protecting ur own patch?   8-)

You need to protect your patch from your own groupies !!!???  :-o  :?

Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.

Darren

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2009, 12:49:54 PM »

whats wrong with the attitude of protecting ur own patch? our brigade doesn train n we attend the AGM every year..haven seen the truck go out n come back with out the fire out yet..Not everyone is in CFS to Train n do courses n spend hours n hours at the station. when there is a fire get the truck out put fire out truck back in shed beer in hand  8-)

So why do you have a CFS brigade, why don't you just disband and fight fires with private units...

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »
i was pointing out our brigade is simply one of those brigades...we get paged we go we do job we come home...not interested in training each week n doin all that and yes we are all farmers and thats the way it is and im sure we are not the only brigade.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »
no offence taken MT - mac weren't you one of the forum members wanting to go to vic in the first 12 hours? - and yet you don't train?
Yes the politics stuffs everything up I'm surprised that it seems that the troops have little confidence in the middle management (who are volunteers after all) & yet the service claims to be professional? Rank structure is there for a reason.
Maybe one fire service is the go afterall?
strange times indeed :-o
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2009, 08:44:04 PM »
yes chook absolutely right and have been to VIC and yes we and i don train weekly..doesn mean jack filtered whether u train or not...

misterteddy

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2009, 08:59:44 PM »
yes chook absolutely right and have been to VIC and yes we and i don train weekly..doesn mean jack filtered whether u train or not...

I now understand why your Group Officers take over......that attitude is everything that is wrong with some parts of the CFS. Bit like tonight....on the pager site....one Brigaed is doing burnover drill tomorrow....like hello....its farking March....

Honestly.....please get a private appliance and feel free to do ur own thing on the fireground....i prefer not to have u in my Service

Offline Baxter

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • ho ho ho its fire fighting time
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2009, 10:38:12 PM »
Mr Teddy I saw the same the same thing about the burnover drill and thought what the!

This may sound harsh and unwarranted but our safety does come first and those of our crews. Mac13 considering you I are most likely from the same region have you done the burnover drill or was that one of the training that your Brigade saw as an optional extra. I may not be from a farmer Brigade but we not only do the job we strive to improve which is part of our brigade culture not to have a beer at the end of a meeting or the job. we like to consider ourselves professionals and we don't get have the local groupies or RDO's turning up for every job that we do infact they happy with a sms that we have responded.
keep it simple for sanity skes please

Darren

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 05:54:24 AM »

oh my god....... :roll:

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2009, 07:30:22 AM »
Moved the Training discussion into a different thread.

Training Requirements

anything