Author Topic: Police Escapees!  (Read 9113 times)

Offline Morph

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Police Escapees!
« on: February 24, 2009, 04:21:40 PM »
 I am very interested to hear from former Police Officers who have migrated (escaped, achieved enlightenment...) into the Fire Brigade. There are plenty out there who have made the transition and plenty more of us who would cross over tomorrow if we could!
 Would be good to seek advice, hear 'real world' no-nonsense opinions and get the benefit of personal experiences from individuals with a 'blue' background who have successfully made the cross-over.
 Why? This is a unique position to come from with very specific human experiences, pressures, culture and mind-set: Nobody else but other 'cops/ex-cops' could possibly understand.
 Why else? The Fire Brigade has to be a dream job for anyone who has worked under police conditions and has had a 'guts full!'
 Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:25:06 PM by Morph »

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Police Escapees!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 06:25:36 PM »
I am very interested to hear from former Police Officers who have migrated (escaped, achieved enlightenment...) into the Fire Brigade.

Do you mean SAPlod vols in the CFS or ex-SAPlod permos in MFS ?

Plenty of the first about the place.
Dunno if many of the second.
Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.

misterteddy

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 09:52:06 PM »
one in the drill squad before last (i think it was)....quite a senior PC Plod too....not you by any chance Morph was it??

Offline tft

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 06:21:05 AM »
many years ago if you were a cop and tried to get in the MFS you had no chance.
The top dogs hated people moving around, something to do with how much it costs to put someone thought the police force and then have them leave.

Offline Morph

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 02:28:21 PM »
one in the drill squad before last (i think it was)....quite a senior PC Plod too....not you by any chance Morph was it??

Not me mate. I'm looking to get out of SAPOL and into SAMFS!
The conditions and shifts alone are enough to make me want to jump ship. But a big driving force is that everyone loves a firey! :-D

Any chance of pointing that ex-police-member in the direction of this forum? I'd love to ask him a few (hundred) questions?????? 

misterteddy

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 11:05:15 PM »

Not me mate. I'm looking to get out of SAPOL and into SAMFS!
The conditions and shifts alone are enough to make me want to jump ship. But a big driving force is that everyone loves a firey! :-D

Any chance of pointing that ex-police-member in the direction of this forum? I'd love to ask him a few (hundred) questions?????? 

i'll see what i can do fella

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 12:43:58 AM »
Young plod up Blackwood way swung over too METS, then back too plod again!
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline blockman

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 06:39:41 PM »
3 ex SAPOL in 2009 drills squads

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 06:50:33 PM »

..Strange

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 06:34:09 AM »

..Strange

Quite a drop in workload.. siome people wouldn't like to twiddle there thumbs all day.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 12:18:57 AM »
with what i have found firies tend to focus more on physical hands on situations

Being a paramedic i've not had  the opportunity tto find this out myself........any other groupies care to confirm or deny Tequila's research?   

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 09:12:28 AM »
Being a paramedic i've not had  the opportunity tto find this out myself........any other groupies care to confirm or deny Tequila's research?  

I'll give her my contact details and we can sort this out.

Taking one for the team, in the name of research and all that...
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Morph

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 04:58:58 AM »

I'll give her my contact details and we can sort this out.

Taking one for the team, in the name of research and all that...

This is great humour guys but please can we stay on topic? I need helpful info not gags! Must be another thread somewhere for that.
Not trying to be a bore - trust me, if I manage to get into SAMFS I'll be laughing my b*ll*cks off all day long! :-)
 Cheers.

Offline Morph

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 05:11:57 AM »

..Strange

I agree! I can't get my head around that. The lad must have rocks in his head (no offence to whoever he is). (Morph)

Quite a drop in workload.. siome people wouldn't like to twiddle there thumbs all day.

I've heard that as a possible reason why somebody like our mate above got in and then did a u-bolt but I think if you are the kind who keeps active and doesn't let the grass grow under their feet, it shouldn't be a problem.
 I always find something useful to do with any spare time I can grab (which is a rarity). There are ALWAYS little jobs that need to be done or, if you're lucky, that book you've been meaning to read but never got round to, on-line course to study, musical instrument or language to learn etc etc etc.
 If a person gets bored I reckon it's because they allow themselves to switch off! There's a whole world out there and 'life's short,' as they say.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:15:42 AM by Morph »

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 09:05:40 AM »

..Strange

I agree! I can't get my head around that. The lad must have rocks in his head (no offence to whoever he is). (Morph)

I've heard that as a possible reason why somebody like our mate above got in and then did a u-bolt but I think if you are the kind who keeps active and doesn't let the grass grow under their feet, it shouldn't be a problem.
 I always find something useful to do with any spare time I can grab (which is a rarity). There are ALWAYS little jobs that need to be done or, if you're lucky, that book you've been meaning to read but never got round to, on-line course to study, musical instrument or language to learn etc etc etc.
 If a person gets bored I reckon it's because they allow themselves to switch off! There's a whole world out there and 'life's short,' as they say.

We gave you the facts on Plod from Blackwood..... but apparentley that was a personality deficency in him and you would read a book instead!

You say 'lifes short', but you havent time to have a laugh....too busy getting in, must get knowledge to help me be a firefighter.

Morph, hope you realise your dream of being a firefighter oneday.... but I hope you dont realise your perhaps as yet undisclosed dream of being a moderator, because 'lifes too short' to be serious all the time!

Just Another Filtered Fireman

misterteddy

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 02:24:03 PM »

..Strange

it is of course possible that he got there.....found it different to the hysteria and media image of the brave lifesaving hero....and looked back to what he wanted to do in the years ahead.....he made a choice after thinking about it....much like u are now in wanting to leave the Blue...

Not sure I'd be over analysing him, his reasons for what he did, or anyone else who has responded - spend ur time usefully preapring to get yourself in if thats what u want

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 05:31:59 PM »

..Strange

Not really as simple as you make it sound mate. Hopefully you can make it work that way for yourself when/if you suceed in an application.

Offline Morph

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 07:08:05 AM »

..Strange

Not really as simple as you make it sound mate. Hopefully you can make it work that way for yourself when/if you suceed in an application.

Not really as simple as you make it sound mate.
 Interesting! Can you elaborate?