Author Topic: 2nd 24 in morphett vale station  (Read 4762 times)

Offline firestorm

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
2nd 24 in morphett vale station
« on: March 16, 2009, 03:31:41 AM »
i saw a 2nd 24 applaince in mv station 2day behind the 24p facing the rear doors which i think said GUM 24 or GVM 24 on the back...any idea what 1 it is, what its doing there?

rescue5271

Re: 2nd 24 in morphett vale station
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 07:41:53 AM »
That would be the region one spare i think MV is where it is kept am  sure MattB will tell you or will know lots more...

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 09:26:35 AM »
It is one of the spare fleet, last year we put together a proposal to utilise our station as a place to store spare appliances.

After some issues were previously identified with pumps not working and a lack of maintenance on some of the spare vehicles we suggested that we could ensure that a vehicle is well maintained and correctly stowed ready for operational use by leaving one with us.

With a recent increase in our SFEC prescription for firefighters the extra appliance also means we can get more people out to training and firecalls, we have been informed that the current appliance (ex Gumeracha 24) is listed to be sold in the near future, in the mean time it will continue to run as Morphett Vale Alpha 24.

I believe the other Regional spare appliances are located at Mt Barker (a 24P that is currently at Kangarilla I think) and Goolwa.

What was going on at the station today Firestorm ??

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 10:24:34 AM »
We are still waiting for Port Elliot to receive their new truck before the spare comes to our staion.

We also look forward to being able to use the spare when its in for training as we have more than enough for 3 trucks most monday nights.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline firestorm

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 03:34:07 PM »
dunno what was going on call out? maybe was at about 2300 one of your appliances were out, saw the 24, so was pressuming the 24p was out

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 04:59:57 PM »
Ah yes, 24P was at a rubbish fire job. You did well to see the callsign of the spare truck from Doctors Road.

Offline firestorm

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2009, 09:57:29 PM »
good eyes....looks like the call sign in black done a good job being seen from a distance

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »
Ah yes, 24P was at a rubbish fire job. You did well to see the callsign of the spare truck from Doctors Road.

Not to mention while travelling.. Seeing through those trees as they flick past is never easy, not to mention the dense foliage coming out of the creek, and the angle of which the station faces it..

-I concur with Matt, must have a decent pair of eyes for a passer by.. ;)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 12:22:25 PM »
OK, so if I walk around a HQ because I am interested, this is a problem ? Why are you guys riding 'firestorm' ?

I did this at CFS Brigade HQ at Waikerie last Sunday. Got some interested looks from the locals who did not recognise the car, but no one approached me.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2009, 02:38:06 PM »
I can tell you Matt, nor I, are riding firestorm Andy Mac.

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2009, 04:45:52 PM »
Nah, I'm not fussed, in fact next time drop in and say g'day. Always happy for people to come in and have a chat and look around.

Offline firestorm

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2009, 09:30:03 PM »
wasnt hard to see at all...we were walking a m8s dog and you guys have pretty good lights inside there, so didnt have to look though any bush

anything